German UHV

Stewie0416

Who Cares?
I'm having some trouble understanding the German UAV. When it says "control" what exactly does that mean?
Can a vassal count?
Or do you have to have cities there?
And (If so) how many exactly?

Currently I've gotten Russia into Civil war, but still lack a few of their cites near the east; i have control of most of their cities though. Does that mean i have to conquer the rest of Russia?
Scandinavia is my vassal, does that count as "control"?

Also, I've conquered Britain but the Vikings ( my vassals) have managed to get one city up there ( inverness) Does that mean I have to take EVERY city in Britain?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still kind of new to this. :crazyeye:

There you can find the exact areas you have to control: http://rhye.civfanatics.net/civ4/rfc-atlas.htm

I'm not sure whether "control" means to cover the whole area with your culture or simply being the only one who owns cities there (I always did both ;)).

Own more cities in the area than any other civ. So basically if France as Brest, Bordeaux, Paris and Marseilles, you can go ahead and conquer 3 of those cities and vassalize them, you will get the UHV. (Same thing applies to all other civs).

Your only worry right now is the Vikings. Since they are your vassal, and have their cities in their area it seems unlikely you can achieve the UHV. Unless you are able to break them from their allegiance, maybe order them to give you techs or resources, the most you can do is go into World Builder and edit them to no longer be your vassal.

Own more cities in the area than any other civ. So basically if France has Brest, Bordeaux, Paris and Marseilles, you can go ahead and conquer 3 of those cities and vassalize them, you will get the UHV. (Same thing applies to all other civs).

Not quite, but you are very close BurnEmDown. Actually, you only compete with the civ which spawns in the region, not all (any other) civs.

From the notes on the atlas page:

- "control a region" basically means just that. You must control (have within your cultural borders) more cities in the given region than the civilization of that region, AND at least 2 cities. If the civilization is not active, one city should be enough to satisfy the condition.

since when did Germany in RFC have Unmanned Aerial Vehicles??? (night got to go to bed, so sleepy)

If anyone else is driving themselves crazy trying to get the first goal to complete notice that the goal states "in the year..." meaning that you must have control of the territories in the year specified and that the goal wont trigger until the year stated. So for the first goal you must have the majority of cities 2 minimum for civs that are currently spawned (Possibly just one if the civ is collapsed or not yet respawned) on the year specified.

I also have problem with German UHV. After the year 1870 first goal is not marked as completed. I have the latest version of RFC (downloaded here) and latest version of BTS.

Save game is posted below.

Attachments

• Bismarck AD-1872 Turn 353.CivBeyondSwordSave
    839 KB · Views: 232
Top Bottom