Germanification for RFC Europe

Normally, you don't need a "patch" for the German text. It's already in the game. (Option, language - German) But we don't have the texts translated. So you only see a " . ". But if want to translate them for us we will be very happy.

Yeah, that's why I opened this thread! So which files do I have to change? And maybe, there are more germans or people, that speak german, in the forum. They could help.
This modmod is fantastic and so it should be translated in as many languages as possible. But does it really make sense to translate it before the beta? Don't you have to change the translation very often then?

Hi!
I'm new (uhuhu so exciting) and I wanted to ask, if there is a german translation for RFC Europe? I didn't find a thread in this forum, so I may be the (chosen) one to start it... =)

Yes, that would be terrific if you could produce a German translation. Do you understand how to do it? It's a pretty simple matter of editing the XML files in RFCEurope/Assets/XML/Text/. We use subversion to manage/merge contributions from multiple people. If you're familiar with that system (or willing to learn), I can provide you an account -- that way you can upload your translated files directly.

If you want, I can include the texts, so you only have to translate them. Just put the text in a textfile and post it here or in the cililopedia text thread. (I prefer the last one.)

This would be extremely nice! :D I translated the Burgundy file yesterday (actually this night) and it wasn't that comfortable...
@Sedna: I read the french translation thread and the member Myri wanted to translate RFCE in german, too. I wrote him or her (dunno :D), but didn't get an answere yet. In the text folder the french translations are mostly missing. Shouldn't this be finished already?

This would be extremely nice! :D I translated the Burgundy file yesterday (actually this night) and it wasn't that comfortable...
@Sedna: I read the french translation thread and the member Myri wanted to translate RFCE in german, too. I wrote him or her (dunno :D), but didn't get an answere yet. In the text folder the french translations are mostly missing. Shouldn't this be finished already?

I have yet to merge in the latest set of French translations from M41d3n.dc -- we have them, I just haven't had much chance to work on this mod in the last week or so. I haven't seen anything from Myri yet, so if you don't hear back soon, please go ahead.

That is exactly what I mean. But can you also say if they are male, female or neutral. And also if they are plural. (The computer chooses the right one if it has choise, only the first three of the list)

Hey merijn_v1,

I just committed the French translation merge to the SVN. Unfortunately the software I use for merging (WinMerge) didn't handle the merging of German and French translations in the Burgundy dynamic names file well -- mostly because the tags are on the same "line". Anyhow, I did the merge by hand, not a big deal, and everything should be fine. To make your life easier though, I recommend updating to the latest version before merging in any more German translations.

But actually numerus and genus should be the same like the persians. (Except the pope and the indies.)

To all civs or only with Burgundy?

Top Bottom