Germany Barbarian No City Challenge

Alzabo

Chieftain
Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce my Germany No City Challenge series here, as it has become quite popular on youtube and I believe you guys will enjoy it! The basic premise is that you cannot settle any cities, so your starting settler is either deleted or becomes barbarian fotter. Instead of making your own cities, you use your starting warrior to convert a barbarian army via your unique ability furor teutonicus. This UA allows you a chance (~66.6%) to convert barbarians to your side after destroying their encampment. After recruiting an army, your goal is to take a city to turn into your capital. After that, you must conquer all other civilizations to take home a domination victory!

Here is the first video in the series:
Spoiler :

And you can check out the fullplaylist here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3ihJEFO2A&index=2&list=PLYAndN7o-9kn07Hp-B4O2Gq0Aufli73oO

Let me know what you guys think! :lol:

Interesting concept,would like to see if it would be actually doable on Imm/Deity ^^(prolly not w/o raging barbs..or ever atleast for me :D)

Interesting concept,would like to see if it would be actually doable on Imm/Deity ^^(prolly not w/o raging barbs..or ever atleast for me :D)

Raging barbarians doesnt affect amount of barbarian encampements only spawn rate of new barbarians from already existing encampements. It actually slow germany down because it takes longer to destroy encampement.

Just to be super clear: There is same amount of barbarian encampements with raging barbarians and standard barbarians!!!!!

Extremely cool idea that could very likely be made easier/harder by changing the game pace. (Slower = easier)

Will give this series a look! Nice out-of-the-box thinking there mate! Kudos

Raging barbarians doesnt affect amount of barbarian encampements only spawn rate of new barbarians from already existing encampements. It actually slow germany down because it takes longer to destroy encampement.

Just to be super clear: There is same amount of barbarian encampements with raging barbarians and standard barbarians!!!!!
Actually i did not know that,then obv raging barbs are worse ..good to know ^^

Interesting.

I started a game. Pangea, standard size, immortal, marathon speed. Figured I had to do this in marathon to stand a chans...

t130 now and have conquered two capitals.

I annexed the first one but my science have not yet kicked in... nothing happens with pottery, turns does not count down. Someone know what the deal with that is...?

I'd bet the little finger on my left hand that this is not doable on Deity.

There you go, IronfighterXXX, you have a chance to maim me, finally! :D ;)

Wow nice idea!
I think I´ll try this out too, looks like an interesting concept to bring some diversity in :)

Interesting.

I started a game. Pangea, standard size, immortal, marathon speed. Figured I had to do this in marathon to stand a chans...

t130 now and have conquered two capitals.

I annexed the first one but my science have not yet kicked in... nothing happens with pottery, turns does not count down. Someone know what the deal with that is...?

I can help ya, Gustavus! Due to a glitch, or unreasonably poor programming, Firaxis has decided that if you don't found your starting city you are undeserving of science! Really strange, especially considering that it was possible in Gods and Kings :rolleyes:

Anyways, to recover your science simply download the mod "In Game Editor", or IGE for short. Using this mod, delete the "capital" of your empire, and on the same turn resettle your "capital" using a settler that you spawn in. Rename the city, set the city as occupied, and there should be a palace wonder already in place. Voila, this should fix your problem.

At least, that's how I fixed the problem. Let me know if that helps! :D

trying to do this challenge on Gods and Kings. Only mod is really advanced set up, raging barbarians, standard Pangaea, marathon speed, Prince. Before I build my army and get a city I am receiving a pantheon. But when I try to select a pantheon the game crashes. I assume this is because I do not have a city. Is there a workaround or a way to turn off religion? I did not see a way to turn it off in the settings.

NEVER MIND FOUND A MOD THAT TURNS OFF RELIGION.

^^^

I've seen a few players report this bug. I don't know if it only happens with certain pantheons or not, but the few times I selected a pantheon my game didn't crash. I selected the one that heals your troops faster in friendly territory. I think things like that that up combat strength near cities following religion, etc, should be safe.

I'd bet the little finger on my left hand that this is not doable on Deity.

There you go, IronfighterXXX, you have a chance to maim me, finally! :D ;)

I got destroyed when I tried this on Deity but it was a while ago. The main problem is the techs they start with +2 cities is enough to get to higher military tech before you can get going. Then all your brutes and archers are completely outmatched since you cant' upgrade. The barbs keep making better units but the rate is too slow to overcome the rate on Deity. Might be doable with reduced civs and marathon though.

Top Bottom