Germany Changes Poll

Thoughts on these German proposed changes

• I like the new Realpolitik proposal

Votes: 68 66.7%
  • I dislike the new Realpolitik proposal, and don't want Germany's UA to change

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I dislike the new Realpolitik proposal, but I agree that Germany's UA should change

Votes: 23 22.5%
  • I like the new Landsknecht proposal

Votes: 59 57.8%
  • I dislike the new Landsknecht proposal; I want to keep the Panzer

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • I dislike the new Landsknecht proposal, but I don't like the Panzer either

Votes: 9 8.8%

• Total voters
+1 influence per turn without stopping seems really strong doesn't it? Could put off Bronze and spam out a ton of warriors and gift them. Maybe it could decay.
It lasts until the unit dies / is upgraded (?).

Could the Panzer be added as part of the Autocracy Ideology?

Aztec Panzers make sense in the game's alternate version of history when I think about it.

I've tried Germany with Landsknecht in the recent patch, and I think it isn't that useful if it's like now. Firstly its extra maintenance fee is really heavy. In-game description says it costs only 1 more gpt than the others, but when you actually play the game you will find 2~4gpt to decrease from upgrading Pikeman into Landsknecht. The real problem is that it replaces Tercio, and unlike Pikeman which has Longswordsman as a substitute melee unit, there's no melee substitute for Tercio. So you have to either lose larger gpt than others for their maintenance fee and your nation's safety, or give up melee and rely on its instant action after the purchase. It also doesn't fit with Germany's concept as they require lots of gpt for diplomacy due to absence of the ability that helps to raise influence. To save extra budget for instant purchase of Landsknecht is already a loss as you could buy one more diplomat with it. Wouldn't it be better to follow the Vanila styled concept of cheap instant moving unit with a chance to earn extra gold? At first I found it interesting about current Elite mercenary concept, but now I think it's kinda ineffective to use this.

I really like the idea of new UA on the other hand. The mechanism itself is pretty unique, and now it seems to perfectly fit its name. Not sure if AI could use it well though.

In-game description says it costs only 1 more gpt than the others, but when you actually play the game you will find 2~4gpt to decrease from upgrading Pikeman into Landsknecht.
If this is the case, then it's a bug.

Top Bottom