So I have to ask, what good reason, now that the Zulu are in the game, does someone have to play as Germany, who is now basically inferior in every way? They both get the reduced land unit maintenance for UAs, the difference being that Zulu units get promoted easier and the Germans can sometimes get free barbarians from camps, which is hardly a selling point. Even more, the Zulu pay 50% less maintenance, while the Germans pay only 25%. Is the chance of having barbarians join you really worth and extra -25% cost for land units, and faster promotions? This is just a bunch of extra brutes and spearmen, not exactly useful. They both have pikeman UUs, except the Landsknecht is just a pikeman that you can build quicker. That's it. No bonuses, no advantages, nothing. Quality over quantity is key in Civ V compared to the other civ games because of UPT. Only so many units can attack a city at a time, so it's generally better to have fewer units with better promotions(ZULU), rather than hordes of bad ones. In comparison, the Zulu Impi actually has something going for it, with the ability to preform spear throws. The German Panzer isn't necessarily bad per say, but it comes it at a point where the game should already be resolved, especially since conquest is all that either of these civs can really do, and that should end a game before Bismark even gets to use Panzers. Compare that to the amazement that is the Inkanda and Germany is just the wrong civ to pick. With a great improvement on an already key building that is necessary for the Zulu path to victory, the Inkanda leaves the Germans in the dust. As far as I can tell, the Germans are a lower tier civ in BNW that no one should really opt for over the far superior Zulu.