Germany VS Paraguay 1-0

Lucky

Game- and Quizmaster
Since noone else wants to comment the first 2nd round match, I´ll start this thread! :p

Germany is the first team to reach the Quarter Finals of this WC! :yeah:

In a boring and unspectacular first half, both teams were concentrating on defense, more interested in destroying the opponents play than anything else. This resulted in very few chances and only long and high passes to the attackers. Oliver Kahn, our goalkeeper, had to make 1 or 2 spectacular parades on his birthday, but no team was really pressing for a goal. :eek:
The game improved somewhat in the second half, but only thanks to Germany´s higher efforts to really play football. Paraguay kept up its destructive playing style, but a few good chances were there nonetheless. And then shortly before the end, a real nice combination led to the deserved 1-0 lead, scored by Neuville. :goodjob:

All in all not a good nor a nice game.
:D

Congratulations to Germany for their deserved win :goodjob:

But for the neutral spectator the play was quite boring.

Hope the Germans will play much better in the following rounds.

Against a team like Paraguay winning is the only thing that counts. Their whole style is directed towards destroying the game.
Therefore it was well done. :D

I'm hoping to see now Germany X Mexico. The mexicans have one of their finest teams ever, and they will want revenge from Germany, that have thrown them out of the last World Cup.

It will add a lot of spice to the game, because we'll have a favourite against a team in a good moment and with a payback agenda.

Plus, Mexico's football is nicer to watch than USA's.

:sleep:

But good though that Germany made it. (I support all our neighbouring countries who are still in the cup: Germany.
*Cough* France and Holland are also neighbours *cough* :p :p :p )

Originally posted by Suppersalmon
i wanted paraguays goalkeper to score :(:(

Well, you can hope that the Brazilian coach will put our 3th GoalKeeper to play. Rogério Ceni is as skilled as Chilavert, perhaps more, because he's very young and have scored from Free Kicks more than him already - only not in the WC.

Well, but i guess that with Rivaldo, both Ronaldos, Roberto Carlos and Juninho (all of them excels in free kicks) on our side, Scolari won't allow him to leave his spot anyway...

Top Bottom