Get money from a ROP treaty

Grille

panel insect
I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I was wondering why I could sometimes get fairly high amounts of money (lump sum, gpt or other advantages) when signing a ROP. And why I sometimes couldn't, although my territory was much bigger and my opponent had some money or stuff.

Size does matter:
Well, of course, the actual territory size comparison (yours compared to the opponent's) seems to define whether you have to pay (your t. is smaller in size) or to be able to get some additional advantage (your t. is bigger). Attitude status *may* play a role, too.

But:
If you have ever declared war on a civ (you threw the first stone), you won't be able to rip them off in a ROP deal in future anymore (not regarding ROP/peace deal as combo here). The other civ will, say, view as arch enemy, and almost only sign a 'pure' ROP agreement, despite of them possibly having just one city left (they have very small territory in comparison). That is, if you acted honorably towards 'commonly' known civs, of course, so you are still able to sign a ROP at all (they would not even sign a 'pure' ROP if you ROP-raped a known civ, i.e. declared war w/ troops on on their turf). But adding a single gold piece to a (per se acceptable) ROP on their side of the trade table would almost never be accepted in this case.

OTOH, civs being your arch enemy (you get the WH bonus) and civs that were never your enemy (always neutral towards you) can be ripped off, if your territory is actually bigger in size then theirs.

Atm, I'm not sure about ROP negotiation abilities after a war that was started by MPP-triggering or a failed spy mission.

Happy ROP-negotiating...!:D

Top Bottom