1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Get Rid of Polls During War Time

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by boris7, Nov 14, 2002.

?

Should The Leader Be GGiven Emergency Powers After About 10 turns During War-Time

Poll closed Nov 16, 2002.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  3. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes but a different amount of turn times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boris7

boris7 Chieftain

I think this is the right place to post this poll, third time lucky.

I think after about ten turns the leader should be able to make decisions without polls or quick polls. This will maximize the chance of the right decision being made and stop the populace voting in such an important decision on something they may not fully understand. Also on certain military decisions shouldn't the military guys make that decision so you have the people know what they are doing making the right choices. But if the status quo must remain at least shorten the quick poll time!

2. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

Boris, I'm sorry, but when I've been Military leader I've always found Citizen input very useful, That includes polls. The idea of polls restricting my (or any other Military Leader's) Decisions is kinda valid, however, most citizens have fought wars in their own Civ III games and ussually have valid opinions on what we should do, regardless of whether the Military Leader agrees with them or not.

Also, Shaitan has already stated "quick polls" don't have a limit on their time, that's why their "quick" the 48 hour minimum is for "standrard" polls, many "quick" polls have lasted from a few hours to 1 day.

Ohh, also, the Military Leader becomes the primary Designated Player when we are in a War-Time economy (we've never done that yet, in either demogame), but the Idea there, is the if we need wartime economy, it's likely best having the Military Leader doing the fighting and being able to change stradegies on the spot if need be.

3. naervod

naervod My current user title

Boris- It seems you are using two accounts. You seem like the same person as boris7. You posted under the name boris3 I will go check on members list.

4. Padma

Padma the Absent Admin Administrator Supporter

naervod: He's boris7. He's already been banned.

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

boris3, boris7, lenninsit. all the same.
    NOW I can kick him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.