Get you Google off my Yahoo!

Which search engine is better (pls check out the new Yahoo! engine PRIOR to voting)?

• Yahoo! New & Improved

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Google

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Other (please let us know which!)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

SirJethro

Paterfamilias
Yahoo! has just announced that it has retooled its Internet Search Engine in a bid to step up competition with Google.

Who's tried it out? Which one is better? Possibly some folks with a little time can do some real comparison testing and post the results?

Anyway....if you are going to vote in the poll, please try the new Yahoo! engine out first.

Yahoo! Retools Search Engine

Still a loyal Webcrawler fan although I don't use it as much anymore. Sadly, too many of their links/returns have died. The price one pays for a advertisement free service, I guess.

The Civilization Fan Site Test:

I searched for: Civilization Sid Meier Fan Site

Civfanatics appeared 5th for both yahoo and google. The top 5 were exactly the same. I generally use yahoo more, because I play their fantasy baseball, use their email, etc. Now it appears I can continue with a clear conscience.

I'll stick with google. It's just handy having the search box in the corner through Opera.

I'll vote in a few weeks' time when I've had enough opportunities to use Yahoo. Google has been my exclusive choice for the past year. If they've rennovated to my likings I'll be glad to use both search engines.

I thought Yahoo and Google were more or less the same thing; that Yahoo had based their systems on Google. :confused:

I stick with Google, too. I have it as my home page in IE.

Google for me, due to the directories section. Quality, that.

I've been using Google now for the past year because I found it was by far a superior search engine. However, I have not tried the "new" Yahoo. I'm sure it is very good as well.

Like Wolfe Tone said, it's very nice having thg Google search box in the title bar of the browser.

Google toolbar...it's um...Googleriffic!

I use both. Yahoo I use for general info, and Google for the really obscure stuff.

fossick

Google! It is plain and simple. No ads or annoying animations.

And it has a great "image sarch" function

Google!

This discussion is on Slashdot too.

Top Bottom