[BNW] Getting a Mod to Load Into the Game

myxanders

Chieftain
Hi there, I've been trying to get more into modding Civ 5, specifically adding civilizaitons. I was following the guide made by whoward69 and followed all the steps up through building the mod. However, every time I load the game and head to the MODS menu item, the Welsh Civilization isn't listed.

I've added all the Actions for OnModActivated -> UpdateDatabase for all the .xml files. I've also tried clearing the cache. The mod just won't show up even though there are no build errors in ModBuddy.

I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

The ModBuddy unfortunately exports your mod to the steam civ MODS folder instead of the MODS folder under "documents>my games>sid mires civ>MODS. Just move the exported mods from the steam civ mods folder to the documents' one

The ModBuddy unfortunately exports your mod to the steam civ MODS folder instead of the MODS folder under "documents>my games>sid mires civ>MODS. Just move the exported mods from the steam civ mods folder to the documents' one
This is not true if you do not re-assign the destination folder for modbuddy output for the executable version of the mod, or for any of the other outputs.

The default folder is C:\Users\UserNameGoesHere\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS for output of the 'built' version of the mod.

If you never build the mod, or never build the solution, no version of the mod gets sent anywhere. Common Novice-Modder Mistakes -- "No Build of Mod"

ModBuddy also generates a copy of the mod to the project folder, so if the "name" of your project is ModTest it would create this additional executable version of the mod into C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\ModTest\Build\.

If you do "Build Solution" in Modbuddy you also get a 'packaged' version of the mod created into a folder at C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\ModTest\Packages\. The files that are created into this folder are just zip files with a special extension (.civ5mod) and are used to upload the mod to the steam workshop.

This is not true if you do not re-assign the destination folder for modbuddy output for the executable version of the mod, or for any of the other outputs.

The default folder is C:\Users\UserNameGoesHere\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS for output of the 'built' version of the mod.

If you never build the mod, or never build the solution, no version of the mod gets sent anywhere. Common Novice-Modder Mistakes -- "No Build of Mod"

ModBuddy also generates a copy of the mod to the project folder, so if the "name" of your project is ModTest it would create this additional executable version of the mod into C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\ModTest\Build\.

If you do "Build Solution" in Modbuddy you also get a 'packaged' version of the mod created into a folder at C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\ModTest\Packages\. The files that are created into this folder are just zip files with a special extension (.civ5mod) and are used to upload the mod to the steam workshop.
It was the default for me and probably this guy too (either that or I mistakenly set that folder to export, but I don't remember doing that).

Top Bottom