1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Getting Catherine's ability while playing as Eleanor

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by DDdreamer, Mar 1, 2019.

1. DDdreamer

DDdreamer Chieftain

I've been playing a game as France to try out the Court of Love mechanic from Eleanor of Aquitaine, but as far as I can see the game is giving me Catherine's ability instead. I got a free spy at Castles tech and no matter how many great works I stack in a city there seems to be no effect on enemy loyalty. I've got one city stacked to bursting with art that's situated within 9 tiles of four different enemy cities and it does nothing. This is particularly annoying since I had to start a mini world war to gain said city, and now it does me nothing good.

Anyone else had problems with a civ giving you the ability of the wrong leader?

-D3

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Can you post a game save file?

3. DDdreamer

DDdreamer Chieftain

Sure, how do I do that?

-D3

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

When composing your next reply, click "Upload a File" and then "Choose File". Navigate to your single player save games folder (e.g., Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single, but if it's an autosave, that would be in the \Auto subfolder under \Single), and click on the correct save file.

5. DDdreamer

DDdreamer Chieftain

Alright, I think this one should do it.
    -D3

Attached Files:

6. Janskey

Janskey Chieftain

The ability seems to work OK. I gifted all (5) works from Nantes to Dido, and loyalty in Lautaro's two closest cities changed from rising 32/turn to rising 37/turn on the following turn. Dido's cities aren't affected because they are coastal and on the same continent as her capital (unique ability makes them always 100% loyal).

7. DDdreamer

DDdreamer Chieftain

Ooh! I completely forgot about Dido's impregnable loyalty ability. Ack! It was player error all along...
    That still makes me wonder where I got that spy from earlier in the game, because I definitely didn't create it. :shifty:

-D3

8. Corozivu

Corozivu Chieftain

You probably built the Intelligence Agency. Thats how I get my first spy in most games.