1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting mods to work MP

Discussion in 'RoM Multiplayer' started by Carwyn, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

We have been messing with mods of Civ 4 again and finally tried pitboss to start our games. It makes a HUGE difference in how well they start! We deal with some odd network issues - two of our players share a home network for example - and using pitboss smooths all sorts of things out. We tried one mod, couldn't even get it to run, it runs great and is a lot of fun under pitboss! Every mod we've tried has worked, not perfectly, but well using pitboss.

I'm not hosting, I don't know the details of getting pitboss to work, seems to me it was a little fussy until we figured it out, but otherwise it can really help out. I wanted to share this with everyone, in case people haven't tried it and are missing out on mods they enjoy and might be able to play together! :)