1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting music on dosbox (sound works)

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by dochawk, Aug 12, 2007.

1. dochawk

dochawk Chieftain

I downloaded dosbox to try to get sound and music. (v .71)

Sound all but came up working (I had to use install), but I still don't have music.

I get sound with either sb1 or sbpro2 at io 220, and irq 7 (or 5). All my googling has found posts in various places noting that sound & music work, plenty of instructions for sound, but none for music.

thanks
    hawk

2. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Can't help on that one as I do not play music in any games. I just play my own music in Winamp.

3. OlorinStormcrow

OlorinStormcrow Chieftain

Music in MOO is different than most games. It only plays at certain points. A good way to test is to get an audience with another race, there is always music playing at that point.

4. dochawk

dochawk Chieftain

Yes, that's the only place I've seen it, years ago, on a single computer. It was the Sakras, and one of my then 2-year olds started dancing :)

It quite definitely is not working now; I've had plenty of audiences.

thanks

hawk