1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting nukes back once banned by UN?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Innocence, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Innocence

Innocence Chieftain

I build the UN wonder long time ago (still own it), but unfortunately an AI was voted leader first time around. Myself being the only one with potiential nuke technology, the AI wisely proposed banning nukes, and as everyone but me voted yes the notion passed :mad:

I didn't want to defy the notion then since I figured I could do this at a more appropriate time.

Now I'm ready to go nuclear and I lead the UN. However when I propose the 'ban nukes' notion, I only get the yes/no vote option - I'm not given the option to defy the notion - and the AIs (of course) all vote yes, winning the vote and reassuring the ban :cry:

There's no way I'll ever get enough votes on my own to force a no-vote.

I know it might sound counter intuitive to propose a ban on nukes and the defy my own notion, but you probably see the point of doing this.

If I vote the AI for UN leader I'm pretty sure they wont re-propose the 'ban nuke' notion :sad:
    Attacking and vassalaging the AI to force their vote will be very, very (read: too) time consuming :rolleyes:
    AFAIK destroying the UN would help either (not that I'd consider it since it's in my capital) :eek:

What other options do I have to get my nukes back? :(

2. Soneji

Soneji Prince and Great Steward

Your stuffed.

You built it, but they have control.

You really needed to defy the resolution first time round, because even if you gain enough votes to become Secretary General you will not be able to defy your own suggested treaty.

You could hope that the AI brings Non Proliferation up for voting again, but if it doesn’t your stuck with it.

3. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I don't think the treaty can be renogtiated after it has been accepted
    ->Exit to main menu
    or do without n00ks. I never use em anyway, global heating KILLS me.

4. niels251

niels251 Chieftain

i had this happened to me before but i repreposed the treaty when i became secretary and is just said no and someone else said no also. That meant i could trough nukes again.

5. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Doesn't sound good. Unfortunately, you can't defy a resolution that you propose. And if you raze the UN city, AFAIK, all the existing resolutions remain in force, with no chance to ever repeal them as the UN can't be reconstructed.

I now just DEFY the ban anytime it's proposed, and try to get control of the UN by hook or by crook before someone proposes it again. Nukes are just too useful!

6. Innocence

Innocence Chieftain

Thanks for the info :cry:

Anyone know if the AI will ever try to revoke the ban on nukes, ie. if I gave them the technology necessary to build nukes? :nuke:

7. cephalo

cephalo Chieftain

This thread is hilarious. I can just imagine the U.N. assembly deciding, "You know, wars are lasting too long these days. Let's bring BACK nuclear weapons."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Soneji

No, they tend to only vote no to NProlif if you are already nuked up before the UN.. they don't want to seal it with you having nuclear arsenal and them not.

9. Innocence

Innocence Chieftain

Hehe, indeed :lol:

Alas it seems I have demolished the possibility to ever using nukes in this game :rolleyes:

Already won the space race but really wanted to go out with a b:nuke:ng - it's such a huge satisfaction (especially with the modded nuke animation) :goodjob:

10. Stylesrj

Stylesrj Tabitha SEAL

I use nukes to turn the enemy to dust. And then in 2 turns, all their cities fall to my 3 movement point mech infantry and Modern armours (GG attached).

2 nukes per city, 3 if there's a large stack outside that survives 2 nukes and 3 nukes on a city if there's still enemies remaining.
    Global Warming is a killer, but Cereal Mills and Sid's Sushi keep my food up

11. Soneji

And that has what to do with this thread??

:lol:

12. Innocence

Innocence Chieftain

Oh sure - just rub it in! :cry:

13. Party

Party Chieftain

OMG, I just spit coffee all over my monitor!:lol:

What is this modded nuke animation of which you all speak?

14. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

What would happen if you took the UN city or better yet razed it?

15. Kadasbrass

Kadasbrass Chieftain

Everything the UN did before being razed remains in effect.

If you don't want to deal with the nuke-ban you have to raze the un before it gets voted on, defy it everytime you have to, or nuke someone and they should start defying it for you. Or if your not on the 3.13 patch, the AI will sooner or later bring the resolution back up and you can defy it then (yeah its a bug, but no reason to *not* exploit it)

16. Innocence

Innocence Chieftain

This one :nuke:

Next game I'll make sure to defy the ban first time around :rolleyes:

17. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

W: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.

P: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.

W: So I see your work has not changed.

:goodjob:

18. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Hehe nice one :)

19. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Stupid how the ban can be enforced even before the Manhatten Project is buildt :p.

20. Cookie Crumbs

Cookie Crumbs Emperor

'Hey what are nukes?'
    'Don't know, they sound dangerous though - let's ban them!'
    Pretty much how the general human psyche works.