1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of Corporations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Auberon, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Auberon

Auberon Chieftain

I would like to play again some BTS games but I must admit that I am not interested in the Corporations brought by the BTS expansion and I really would like to get rid of them.

I have spotted the following file CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml in the following folder :
    HDD Letter:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml.

Is it enough to change the following line under each Corporation <iMaxGlobalInstances>1</iMaxGlobalInstances> to <iMaxGlobalInstances>0</iMaxGlobalInstances> to get rid off them?

Thanks in advance.

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Thread moved.
    The subforums are only for finished files, questions belong to the main forum ;).

Best way would be to get rid of the ability from the GPs to found the corps.
    To do that, look at the Units\UnitInfos.xml, search for the GREAT_whatever units, and delete these entries.

3. Auberon

Auberon Chieftain

Sorry to have posted on the wrong subforum... and thank you for the answer I try this as soon as I can. I thought that deleting whole entries would break the game though.

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

For clarification: I did not mean the whole great persons, i meant the entries IN the great person entries which enable them to build the corps.

e.g. for the scientist that would mean, that you have to remove these entries:
    PHP:
                    <Building>
                        <
    BuildingType>BUILDING_CORPORATION_3</BuildingType>
                        <
    bBuilding>1</bBuilding>
                    </
    Building>
                    <
    Building>
                        <
    BuildingType>BUILDING_CORPORATION_6</BuildingType>
                        <
    bBuilding>1</bBuilding>
                    </
    Building>
    Similar for the other great persons.

5. Auberon

Auberon Chieftain

Thank you for the details, it is now very clear.

Thanks again!