1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting 'runtime terminated unusualy' errors

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by meto30, Feb 24, 2010.

1. meto30

meto30 Chieftain

Hello, I'm a new user three days into ROM. I keep getting the 'runtime was terminated unusually' error with CTD everytime I begin a scenario. I noticed that this problem is not unique and via searching found several explanations for the phenomenon.

The problem is, this problem did not surface until only today.

I had run ROM multiple times until now, even had a scenario up and running (and saved properly). That was yesterday. Now everytime I load the save, run a new scenario, or generate a new map, I get the CTD. Everytime.

I don't know what caused this. As far as I know no changes were made to the CIV IV folders from yesterday, not a single one. So whatever this problem is about, it is either random or caused by outside factors.

By the way I did defragment the whole harddrive yesterday night, so that might be a problem...

If anyone can help me or give me advice it will be appreciated.

2. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

Having same issues lately ... loads of CTDs while loading game, ending turns, some are repeatable, some not. No idea what happened but RoM was for me much more stable before :( (using 2.81 mega civ pack rom + AND 1.64 + ROME 3.0.5 + Aaranda's religions mod)

Donno if it's my vista or anything else ...

3. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

Try Full Version instead of Mega. Mega is known to cause problems even with high end computers.

4. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

sigh ... will try it now. anyone have rom+and+aaranda+rome running stable?

5. meto30

meto30 Chieftain

Looks like the trouble was with map size. Problem solved!

I started on the ordinary huge size Earth map and the game initiated without a fuss.

6. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

Reinstalling back to full instead of mega (all other modmods remained same) seemed to solve problem. 615BC now on giant map, not a single CTD.

7. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

I have Full, not Mega, and I just got a "runtime terminated unusually" error. I wonder if it could be an issue with AND 1.64?