Getting to detail of Units

Fighters and Bombers

Republic:
V-19
Details: V-19 was one of the first clone fighters, thus invented early for the Republic, and will be the first available air/space unit for the Republic. V-19 is used as an All Purpose Fighter, used for all purposes in the air and space. Cost is expensive as all Republic equipment is in order to have a powerful unit.
Stats:
:strength: 10
Speed: 16 tiles
Cannot Capture cities or units
+100% vs Bombers
ARC-170
Details: ARC-170 was invented (to replace V-19) for the purpose of longer travel with lower expense without giving up any main combat features. Making this unit is moderate cost which makes it a unique unit to have being the republic. The ARC was invented through the middle of the clone wars meaning this will be your third available fly unit as republic.
Stats:
:strength: 11
Speed: 20 tiles
+100% vs Bombers
V-Wing
Details: Because of the CIS dogfighters, there was an extreme call for a formiddle weapon, this was the V-Wing. V-Wing is very expensive like other republic units. V-Wing was invented Late and will be the last available fly unit for republic.
Stats:
:strength: 5
+300% verse Fighters
+300% verse Bombers
Speed: 22
Republic Gunship (LAAT)
Details: One of the Republic's strong points is its assault transport, that acts as a ground support and transport. It was also very expensive, and was invented very early the 2nd available fly unit.
Stats:
:strength: 14
Speed: 10
75% verse all ground units
CIS:
Vulture Droid
Details: Vulture droids were all purpose fighters that were extremely fast but lacked strength and attack. Fairly Cheap and are the first available fly unit too the CIS forces.
Stats:
:strength: 8
+100% vs Bombers
Speed:22
Droid Tri-Fighters
Details: Tri-Fighters were also extremely fast and great dog fighters, but low strength and attack. They were moderate price and the 2nd fly unit available to the CIS.
Stats:
:strength: 4
+350% verse Fighters
+350% verse Bombers
Belbullab-22
Details: Little faster but weaker then the competor V-Wing
Stats:
:strength: 12
Speed: 14
75% verse all ground units
Empire:
TIE-Fighter
Details: Very Cheap but weak, the TIE-Fighter was made to swarm and easily defeat pirates to enlarge there empire to the larger parts of the galaxy. The first available unit to the Empire.
Stats:
:strength: 6
Speed:22
+100% vs Bombers
+300% vs barbarian/pirate
TIE Interceptor
Details: Cheap but weak, Interceptor was made for dogfights which it excelled at. Third available unit to the Empire.
Stats:
:strength: 3
Speed: 28
+400% vs Fighters
+300% vs Bombers
TIE Bomber
Details: Slow, weak and Cheap typical Empire unit, used specifically for ground attacks
Stats:
:strength: 10
Speed: 10
100% verse all ground units
Rebal Alliance:
X-Wing
Details: Easily the best all purpose fighter, moderate in cost. 1st available unit to the Rebal Alliance
Stats:
Speed: 18
+100% vs Bomber
A-Wing
Details: Best Dog fighter there is, tremendous speed and agility, also used for recon, because of its fast engine. Third available unit and is expensive.
Stats:
:strength: 5
Speed: 34
+400% verse AP Fighters
+300% verse Fighters
B-Wing
Details: Last available unit for the Rebals, very unique in that its not meant for taking ground forces but for plain strength and heavy weapons. Expensive but worth it.
Stats:
:strength: 16
Speed: 8
+15% vs all ground forces
+25% vs Bomber
Y-Wing
Details: Speciffically for bombing units but also used as an all purpose fighter, but it struggled with speed and was moderate cost. Second fly unit to the Rebals.
Stats:
Speed: 8
+100% verse ground units
+25% verse fighters

I think this looks fair, Considering the Rebals strong area and the Empire's weak area.

I don't really think you need rock, paper, scissors for air/space. Fighters and bombers are really all that are needed. Fighters have always been for air attack and defense, while bombers focus on ground or larger space targets.

That being said, the A-Wing has always seemed to be more about recon than anything else in the games I've played. I'll admit it's been a while, but that's how I'm remembering it.

I haven't played any games based on the prequels but played a lot based on the original trilogy.

Rebels:
A-Wing - Scout, small, fast, lightly armed in both lasers and missiles and light shields. Cheap cost.
X-Wing - Fighter, medium build, good speed, well armed with lasers, moderately armed with missiles and good shields. Moderate cost.
Y-Wing - Bomber, medium build, slow, lightly armed with lasers, heavily armed with missiles/bombs and good shields. Moderate cost.
B-Wing - Heavy Fighter/Bomber, combines the aspects of both X and Y-Wings. Larger build, slow, well armed with both lasers, missiles/bombs and good shields. Expensive.

Empire:
TIE Fighter - Fighter/Scout, medium build, good speed, lightly armed with lasers, no missiles (iirc) and no shields. Cheap cannon fodder.
TIE Intercepter - Fighter/Scout, medium build, good speed (but better that the Fighter), well armed with lasers, no missiles (iirc) and no shields. Moderate cost.
TIE Bomber - Bomber, medium build, slow, lightly armed with lasers, heavily armed with missiles/bombs and no shields. Moderate cost.
TIE Defender - Heavy Fighter/Bomber, combines the aspects of both Intercepter and Bomber. Larger build, slow, heavily armed with lasers (6 iirc), well armed with missiles/bombs and good shields. Expensive.

The Rebels' ships would have better defensive capabilities since they have shields while the Empire's ships, with the exception of the Defender, would be less expensive since they had no shields.

Scouts would have greater range and would mainly be meant for recon. The rest would be Fighters vs. Fighters vs. Bombers.

Considering AP fighters can bomb and bombers loose to everything, I agree with both ideas. Rock paper sissors just doesn't work well to describe it, however. Under my opinion, I don't think I'd use scouts much, but I'd like a middle ground inbetween bomber and fighter. Still, a different class that's stronger than both bombers and fighters may help.

civman, do you mean like units?, if so yes as heroes/villians.

and i thought that was how you guys wanted it so nvm about that then lol, so ill change that, and i find it hard to have classifications for fighters, because on wookiepedia ive been looking at the use of these units and they seemed to be all different, for different purposes. Everyone had there main fighter though, X-wing, Tie fighter, ARC-170 and vulture droid.

And i read about the A-wing it was the fastest, quickest then any known fighter which would be in extreme use for dogfights and recon. The fighter itself was 170,000 credits and the X-Wing was 150,000 credits and the pilot had to be an ace or at least really good, so it probably was pretty expensive. All the other ones you listed are accurate :)

And ill change the stats up there later

Top Bottom