1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Frank_P-W, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Frank_P-W

Frank_P-W Chieftain

Quite simple I get that message every time I try to load the mod. I looked on another thread and it said to make sure the mod was on the default path, it wasn't as I have a partitioned hard drive, but this has not worked.

Short of a total reinstall, which would be hard due to the fact I only have the expansions still in my possession, what can I do?

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I'm guessing you put the mod in the My Games folder. That's not where the game is installed. Do a search for Civ4BeyondSword.exe; it's in the same folder that the Star Trek files need to be copied to.

3. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

I get the same issue. It doesn't matter whether I put the mod in C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\ (as implied in your post above) or in C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ (where I'd normally install mods) Neither seems to work.

I've tried firing it up using private maps and using the shortcut (which I had to hack as it was originally looking in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\) Still no luck I'm afraid.

At least the .mp3 files work. ;)