GFC2 - Japan, Warlord, Full.

Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ

Good for you!:D You're not leaving civfanatics are you??????

I hope not. I'm enrolled in a 5 yr double for Computer Systems Engineering/Computer Science. Only time will tell how much free time I have between study and other commitments.

I'll play my round later and hopefully post it up tonight.

550AD - Ransacked Abydos and destroyed it. Changed Satsuma's production to produce a settler next turn. Need to strengthen the new lands.

560AD - Oops. We lost a galley.

580AD - Cleo wants peace. India offers The Republic for 90 Gold. The English are wandering through our territory.

590AD - We start researching Feudalism. According to the big picture, we are a cultural powerhouse. We have taken Buto from the Egyptians. The Russians are moving a settler to where Abydos was so I placed a line of men to cut them off. Our settler is almost there.

620AD - Lisht is now ours and Izumo has been founded. We now control the peninsula to the north west of our capital near the horses.

650AD - The Iroquois have taken Bangalor and Bombay from the Indians. Bombay would be a good candidate for a later flip back. I'm sending troops that way now in case. Ok, now the Iroquois leader wants an alliance and an rp agreement against India. To war we go again. Hey, we might as well have a piece of the pie.

660AD - The Iroquois have punjab as well.

690AD - We have the Hanging Gardens. The Iroquois are screwing the Indians badly.

710AD - The Russians are trying to get a settler snuck in near our towns on the new peninsula. I have set up a defensive wall to block them.

730AD - Ooh bugger. Income has dropped to -12. To get into the positive I had to drop science to 20%. We need to start selling our silks.

740AD - The Indians made peace with the Iroquois and the Russians. We took Delhi, their capital at the time, which gives us a second supply of horses. Increased science back to 30%. Harbour is almost ready in Pi-Ramesses to allow for extension of our trade routes. Hopefully we can soon get some good income from our silk monopoly.

We are at war with both the Indians and the Egyptians. The Egyptians have four cities remaining. There is also a couple of interesting islands we might look at a bit closer. You'll see what I mean. We really need to get our science rate up again.

Good job! This is the best SG I'm in right now - It's so great to have the war I started proceed so well! I thought we were in trouble with that initial island being so cold, but I think we are very competitive now. I can't wait for my turn! [dance]

It looks like we could definately use Hieraconpolis and Avaris for their iron and horses. But the other two Egyptian cities are too far away(Asyut) and/or too sheltered by other civs(Byblos) for it to be cost-effective to take, so we might as well make peace after Hieraconpolis and Avaris. Or better yet, extort those two cities from them in the peace negotiations. To focus our military on the Indians. I notice we're now second in the Histograph, and really close behind England. India has 8 cities left, we should get as many as possible before the Iriquois. Calcutta and Madras look extra juicy because of the furs and ivory :)

I didnt know it was my turn!! I only found out by looking at page 1.
I have downloaded and will play tommorow. Its 2 am now.

Geat Work Ripley:goodjob:
I think we are in a position to be world leaders now.:D

:satan:

I thought I might make a suggestion, and subsequently canvas everyone elses opinion on the said suggestion.

Quite simply that we agree to refrain from the use of exploits in gfc games. I'm refering to things like the "bombard over infinite distances" exploit outlined on the Civfanatics front page.

It's in the nature of succession games that exploits could be used without other team members being aware, especially where people have different views of what is and isn't an exploit.

Your thoughts ?

I would refrain on exploits too. That is, if I knew any. I don't know how to do any Civ 3 exploits.

Summary
Pre turn I noticed that England, Russia and the Iroquois are Annoyed with us I don’t know why??
I starved Delhi so it won’t flip over.

750 AD I signed a ROP with the Iroquois now they are polite. They became polite

750 – 780 30 years of troop movement
790 We sack Madras at a loss of a swordsman
Now I don’t know if you will agree with my next decision but I took it any way!
Tell me of you think its wrong..
I noticed that we were building lots of swords, our tech sucks and we are nearly broke and operating at a deficit. I also saw that the war is being fought far beyond our lands and even those that we captured from the Egyptians. On these facts I decided to make peace and concentrate on our economy and then our Science advance. I also though that the most ideal war would be to take the close cities that the Iroquois took from India.

So I made peace with India for exchange of the republic, Karachi and 10 gold plus map
I also made peace with Egypt in exchange for 27 gold+ map + Asyuit + Avaris.

We now have unconnected Ivory.
Trade with Persia monotheism for republic plus 160 gold from us

All the gaps in history following were mainly spent in building and worker movement

810 sold monotheism to India for 6g/t + map and to England for 1g/t + 20 G + map
Sold silks to Russia for 6g/t

820 AD we now have Ivory in our capital haaa
Ivory to India for 2 g/t
Ivory and silks to Persia for Incense OUR PEOPLE LOVE ME

Building marketplace and libraries in most cities …..

920 AD the City of Nagasaki built on our new island discovered by Ripley.. Horses cows this is a cool island …building another settler to be taken there.

940 AD Yokohama built on grapes .. I was afraid that the Iroquois city would culture expand over them… try to hurry a temple there

Oh Sh*( Russians built a city to our south must have dropped a settler there by boat.

I played one more turn by mistake .. nothing much happened.

Ok I leave these decisions to the next leader
Our ROP with the irqiuos has expired we can beat the hell out of there close cities now.. I have put a good army there.. we can even attack their Grand River city.. but please I would advice having others join the War.

We can sell iron to Persia for 5 g/t if you want
We can sell silk to the iriqouis for 1 g/t

Another thing .. everyone is building TZU starting the same turn as us..
I am building a palace in Tokyo as a place holder for systien chapple which will arrive in 11 turns. Tokyo can finish TZU 10 turns earlier that our capital..* I forgot its name*

Its your decision on how to manipulate this situation.

Its also time for us to discuss how we are going to win this game. I find culture or space race more challenging. Not to say that conquest would be easy. I don’t think UN would be a large challenge.. After deciding on this we must point at a general strategy..

IMO we need to push our tech forward.. our army is OK so is culture , and all demo graphics except litracy

Originally posted by Ripley
:satan:

I thought I might make a suggestion, and subsequently canvas everyone elses opinion on the said suggestion.

Quite simply that we agree to refrain from the use of exploits in gfc games. I'm refering to things like the "bombard over infinite distances" exploit outlined on the Civfanatics front page.

It's in the nature of succession games that exploits could be used without other team members being aware, especially where people have different views of what is and isn't an exploit.

Your thoughts ?

I though it was an unsoken rule.

I'll try to post later tonight - looks like we have got some major decisions to make - I'll do my best! :goodjob:

Here's the lowdown.

I only had time for 17 turns, but we are at a major turning point. Read below to find out more! ;)

950 AD - Pre Turn - I really think you did well and gave good advice 6-of-october. Bravo! All I did was change our far-off newly acquired city of Asyut to a temple since it was surrounded by Russian holdings. I contemplate war with the Iriquios. The appearance of no less than 4 mounted warriors makes me think we should wait. We will be getting our Samourai soon, then we can stomp them.

960 AD - Trade iron to Persia for 7 gold/turn. They can't really hurt us, and they are polite. We are able to increase the science rate. I agree with 6-of-october that we must rush the Temple in Yokohama, so workers begin cutting trees near there. Theology in 6 turns...

970 AD - I notice a couple of our cities are cut off by the Iriquios terrirtory - we will certainly have to attack them soon. Mounted Warriors are really scary though - I will remain peaceful. FOR NOW! :ninja:

Here's the lowdown.

I only had time for 17 turns, but we are at a major turning point. Read below to find out more! ;)

950 AD - Pre Turn - I really think you did well and gave good advice 6-of-october. Bravo! All I did was change our far-off newly acquired city of Asyut to a temple since it was surrounded by Russian holdings. I contemplate war with the Iroquois. The appearance of no less than 4 mounted warriors makes me think we should wait. We will be getting our Samurai soon, then we can stomp them.

960 AD - Trade iron to Persia for 7 gold/turn. They can't really hurt us, and they are polite. We are able to increase the science rate. I agree with 6-of-october that we must rush the Temple in Yokohama, so workers begin cutting trees near there. Theology in 6 turns...

970 AD - I notice a couple of our cities are cut off by the Iroquois territory - we will certainly have to attack them soon. Mounted Warriors are really scary though - I will remain peaceful. FOR NOW! :ninja:

980 AD - We find goody huts on our new island - and warriors appear!! :lol: Several of our new cities finish their defenders and start on temples. I start on some more marketplaces too -they are so useful with so many luxuries!

990 AD - 10 shields returned to Yokohama's temple. 2 turns to Theology...

1000 AD - 2 settlers ready to board the ship for our new island.

1010 AD - Osaka produces Cathedral - excellent for maintaining our cultural superiority. I notice one thing though - all our core cities are defended by mere warriors! I start mass producing pikemen for homeland defense. There's not much else these cities can build right now anyway, and more military is always better, even if only as a deterrent. :rocket:

We are pretty even in tech except the Russians have engineering. They won't give it up though.

1020 AD : Theology discovered. I switch to Chivalry - we need samurai. We get it in 8 turns, Sistine in 18. By the way, do we really want Sun Tsu's? It only works on this little continent, and most of our cities already have barracks here. Oh well.

1030 AD : Yokohama temple gets 10 more shields - 2 turns left. Memphis produces a marketplace. Shipping some of our workers to new lands.

1040 AD : Yokohama temple produced! Starts on a library, but need to still keep chopping tress. The Egyptians have the audacity to run a spearman through our lands? :mad:

1050 AD : Iroquois get Theology! I sell it to the rest, but the Iroquois have beat us to most of them - we get 7 gold/turn + 26 gold and a few world maps. Simonosaki founded on new island on a river and near wheat. All civs are switching to the Sistine Chapel! I'm pretty sure we'll get it though.

1060 AD : Persia renegotiates the incense deal - they want the same deal +5 gold. We give the 5 gold to them.

1070 AD : Yokohama's cultural influence expands, but so do the 2 Iroquois cities close to it! It is really feeling the squeeze - we will have to attack when we get Samurai. See pic below.

1080 AD: Matsuyama founded within range of fish, cattle, AND wheat! [dance]

1090 AD : Absolutely nothing! :eek:

1100 AD - Workers arrive on new area.

1110 AD - Indians request audience - they want to trade world maps. I decline since I don't want people to know about our new island yet.

1120 AD - Chivalry discovered!!!! Time to attack! I'll leave it for the next ruler though. Also, the next ruler can pick which tech to research - set at engineering now but no money has been spent so feel free to change it. Also, keep settling the new island then sell our world map. Good Luck!

Attachments

• squeeze.jpg
    squeeze.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 183
Sorry guys. I am dropping out of all of my succession games. The reason, I am not downloading that devil-patch v1.17f. It elminates my single-most favorite feature of the game which is despot pop. rushing. If I ever decide to download the patch or double-install civ3 and have one with the patch, I will re-join. Until then, this is goodbye. Sorry :( Whoever posts first will have control of this game.

Pre-turn: My plan is to finish researching Engineering, then go for Education, then Invention and start on Leo's. Then Music Theory and start on JS Bach's. Then Astronomy and start on Copernicus' Observatory. Somewhere in the middle to end of Leo's Workshop I'll start the war(well, I probably won't get there in this turn), and get the Golden Age with the Samurai(we haven't gotten it with a wonder yet have we?), so we get our Golden Age in the middle of building three Middle Age wonders(Copernicus' takes less shields then the other two so I put it last in the order). I won't start a war till then unless Yokohama is flipped, then I'll just use swordsmen to fight a quick war and take it back plus Bangalore, Bombay, and Punjab. Kolhapur is in too bad of a spot and too far away for the trouble of moving swordsmen over there before the main

1130 - Ivory to Russia for 8 gold/turn. Increased science to 40%, and will raise it to 50 a bit later.

1150 - Micromanaged Thebes to get the Forbidden Palace done in two less turns.

1160 - Moved many swordsmen out of Yokohama, if it gets flipped it would suck to lose 4 veteran swordsmen.

1170 - Iriquois land settler/spearman on our claimed island! This will mean war when we get the army big enough to take them on! English call and want Silks for Spices and 15 gold/turn. Yeah right. I give them 25 gold for their world map(after looking at their world map, realized it was a wasted 25 gold). Decided if the Iriquois knnow about the island, they'll tell everybody about it, so I'll sell everybody the World Map before the Iriquois can. Trade Iriquois Silks and World Map for 7 gold/turn.

1180 - Move science to 50%, that was a HUGE jump un science research speed. We're still making 3 gold/turn, and will make much more when the FP is completed.

1200 - Complete Sistine Chapel. Iriquois founds a city on our island. I plan to build right near them, then try and culture flip it.

1220 - Found Sapporo right next to Iriquois' trespassing city, rush Temple.

1260 - Forbidden Palace completed, we are now +17 gold with 50% science, it also sped up Education by a few turns(12 to 9 I think).

Stopped here due to time restraints. That was something like 15 turns.

I won't be here from Friday through Tuesday, so if my turn comes in that timeframe, I'll have to be skipped next time around.

I've heard it doesn't eliminate it, just makes it a little harder! Don't leave yet

I believe it said "eliminated despot pop rush" or something along those lines. I guess I will wait and see what I see. If it doesn't eliminate it, I will still play, if it does, consider me gone. Thanks for the consideration charliehoke. If i leave, the thread is yours.

Hey guys, I'm out of town this weekend because my fiancee forced me to come visit her. Yeah I know I'd rather be playing civ also. So if my turn comes up I guess skip me - I'll be back home in 4 days or so. Good Luck!

So who is up now?

Top Bottom