1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GG cost & Fascism

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by kevorkien, Jun 7, 2008.

1. kevorkien

kevorkien Chieftain

I'm going to be getting Fascism pretty soon... which throws a free GG in when you're the first. Will this change the XP cost I need to generate my own GG (2*XP) or doesn't it count. Basically I'm wondering if I should leave researching Fascism until 1 pops up naturally, which won't be too long I think. There is no danger atm of another civ researching it 1st.

Should this have been posted in the BTS/WL forums?

2. buffalo6542

buffalo6542 Nuke Maniac

i would just take the GG.

3. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

I don't think that it changes anything with the xp values. It just gives you a free GG. So you should go for it right now.
    I think your question is fine here.

4. thecrazyalaskan

thecrazyalaskan Chieftain

It's "free". AFAIK, It doesn't make you reset anything.

5. Refar

Refar Deity

I know for sure, that all the other GP fron techs are "free" - they will not increase the costs to pop the next GP from your cities. I assume it is the same with GG, i do not however remember ever beeing first to fashism, so i have no empirical data.

6. kevorkien

kevorkien Chieftain

ok here is some empirical data for your note books if you want it:

It definitely does not increase the cost. I had no idea that there was an XP counter on the defense advisor's screen, cause let's face it, who goes there.

I thought I remembered reading in a post somewhere that normal GP aren't "free" in that sense.

Thanks for all your responses!

Now ah got 2 GGs for half the price:cool:

7. Balderstrom

Balderstrom Emperor

@Kevorkien, suppose it depends on how many units you have.
    The Combat Advisor helps you quickly find that particular unit that you know you have, but just cannot find on the main map. Or to find out what yer highest level unit is, so you can plan for the military wonders that require units of specific levels.

Also some mods, like BUG have added an additional screen & info there, which can be invaluable at times :)

8. Refar

Refar Deity

The combat advisor can be useful - once he loaded up, which usually takes bloody ages for me. That's why i too avoid going there unless really necessary.

9. Desert-Fox

Desert-Fox King

Ofcourse get it when it is possible.

10. kevorkien

kevorkien Chieftain

I played Civ.IV original before I played BTS, where the info screens pop up almost immediately. What's with the delay for BTS?

11. Refar

Refar Deity

It depends (besides your hardware, which might be better than my) on the map size and age you are in - usually no problem on smaller maps and early in the game. But towards endgame, i.e. on large maps it will take a while till he pops up. I guess building up those unit lists or something...

12. kevorkien

kevorkien Chieftain

uh oh ... another upgrade reason ... can't hold back ... much longer...

13. zebomba2

zebomba2 Warlord

Set movie quality to low. For some weird reason, it makes my advisor screens take forever to load when set at high.