Ghandi Bends Me Over

rhikdavis

Chieftain
It ain't pretty. The game is over, but I'm a glutton for punishment with a big chip on my shoulder concerning the rest of the world.
C3C, Continents, Huge, Max Civs, what, 16?.....

Wouldn't ya know I'd be sharing one giant continent with India, who was a consistent thorn in my side from the start. Not only does he have the whole world under his thumb, who mutual pact and ally with him at his every whim, he and I are one and two respectively the whole game, before I finally pass him up late in the industrial age. He's still four techs ahead. The whole world hates me because a broke a few lousy treaties, but hey, I'm number one! I can do that!

I've been kissing up to him the whole game, not even daring to put a spy in his capitol for fear of failure and a assured war declaration.

AI stupid? What does that make me? Don't answer that.

India wins by space race. I dunno what's worse, that or my wife screaming at me that 96 hours 'at that damn computer' is quite enough. I just stick the earplugs in because, it's over, but it ain't over. You see, I'm one tech away from Modern Armor and sweet revenge.
So I figured I'd stay with it until then and really let the other civ's know what's what. :goodjob:

You know how long one turn can be, relatively speaking? It can last a long time when you are on the receiving time. Yup, Ghandi declares and proceeds to mop up my half of the continent. You know it, I had my forces on the other side of the world picking on the small fry there. Not that it would have made much difference with his MA War machine pushing North, taking cities by the handful. He could have wiped me out in that one turn, because my cities were undefended. Yeah, I had stacks of infantry and panzers. Do they even count? How long do they last against MA? Not long, let me tell you. Oh, there was plenty of straight out undefended cities too. I suppose he'll take those next turn.

Is the AI dumb or did he stay at a holiday inn express last night?

I think it's an act. He drew me into lull of impassiveness and really let me have it.

Love ya Ghandi. Really. I do. :cry: :cry: :cry: :crazyeye:

Now excuse me while I load up my last transport and go beat up on Portugal in his one city nation.

Satisfaction.

:lol: Beware of a powerful india

when india is weak or moderate Ghandi can act like your best friend but when they are powerful Ghandi will backstab you when you least expect it and in ways you never knew possible

Originally posted by Nocturno
The um... title of this topic is... uhhh going to give me... nightmares..... :( [/QUOTE

:rotfl:

I agree that rhikdavis and Nocturno both score big points for being funny. I loved this story, especially the parts about the screaming wife and picking on the portugese while gandhi is beating you down.

rhikdavis, please post more funny stories like this one!!

i hate Ghandi, he has sneak attacked me twice in the last 3 games

not only that, but one of my mates in indian and i like to give him **** about how im kicking india's arse and all :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gandhi cannot be trusted.

Do try to spell it right, though.

gotta love revenge...
heh heh die u backstabbers

the same happened to me with the Greeks.

Alexander Bend me Over, over and over againg,

Alexander was the first one to cross the ocean and make contact with the migthy French(me).

Hell I was like 5 tech behind and i was the second best, which wouldn't have happened if Athens hadn't had it built the turn before i did.
Anyway, even from the the beging of game in the Ancient Age, the Greeks were the first to almost every wonder. Greace was already half a continent big when i had just finished my first war and was about to strat another against the chinese.

A couple turns later, Alexander would demmand a luxury, gold and gpt from me, he was only a couple of ocean tilles away and 5 - 10 techs ahead of me so ther was no way for me to deny his demands, so i kiss his a$$ every time he wanted me to while i established my self in my own continent as a major power.

The mediavial Age went by and Alexander got the Theory of Evolution Built. Tanks made thier arrival in the battlefield and Alexander had the Cure of Cancer and the Manhattan Proyect done already. I Kept Alexander happy by my side doing every thing he said while I patiently waited for MA; there is no stronger unit, so It would matter how adavence he was, I was going to kick his butt. I started to build hordes of MA, transports and armies. I was ready to declared war or Alexander. But to not look bad HE had to declare war on me.
We were both in mutal proptection agreetments with the next 3 best civs, American Russia and the Mongols, Alexander's neighboors, their help lated proved unvaluable. I try to plant a spy in Athens before declaring war. Success. I had a spy in Athens, I hurried to my military advisor and to my horror I spot 5 ICBMs in alexander's arsenal, i did't even had a nuke!
I had to postpone war until i had Alex's ICBM and one more in my arsenal. I got 3 ICBMs done and ready to lunch and full of anxiety i declared war on Greace. (save first) I got every civ on my side except by persia, a tiny country where in the southern tip of my continent which if i send my whole army over seas i'll be compleatlely unprotected against any attack. I divided my army in two and send one half to persia and the other to Grease. As i expected Alexander was to afraid of my ICBMs to use his but that didn't stop him from sending troops through persia and through India which the turn later declared war on me and peace with Grease.

I gainged 5 cities at the cost over 40 MA, the destruction of both Russians and Amercans and the neutralization of the mongols,but still a victory, this 5 cities will could well serve as lunch pad for future invasions.

At the end of the 19th turn since me and Grease had signed a peace treaty, Alexander planted a spy on my catipal. two tunrs later he nukes my bigest 5 cities including Paris where he killed Joan o' Arc thus destroying me.

*coughcoughreloadcoughcough*

I nuked him first, if practical won with Alex, my best rival was over 10,000 point away from me. i look at the game date, 1962 A.D

Gandhi is surprisingly evil; in my last game I was sneak attacked by him in the Ancient Age, but took revenge by crushing him. I did have a weaker army at the time though, so probably that was what spurred him on.

I have a mutual protection pact with Ghandi. I tend to find though, in our wars as allies, that he'll always sign a peace treaty with our enemy just before attacking them which coincidentally is also the moment you need them to help divert the enemy's resources from my front. Mind you, apart from Japan, i havent really found any oher civ to rely on....and i had to destroy them for extra living space:(

Top Bottom