Ghost City

adamsolo

Chieftain
Came up with a "ghost city" Canterbury. City is attackable but as you can see .. it is not there. Let me know if you want my save.

That's just a graphics glitch-I forget the exact game I was playing, but I founded a city on a hill tile, and the city didn't show up until it had grown to about size 3. Maybe a clipping problem?

Out of subject, but the AI is kind of dumb setting a city there... No land tiles and not even ressources (expect that cheap fish food ressource that's not even good).

Out of subject, but the AI is kind of dumb setting a city there... No land tiles and not even ressources (expect that cheap fish food ressource that's not even good).

Yes, awful location. Elizabeth had only 2 cities and was squashed to a small peninsula, the result was this ridiculous city.

Moderator Action: Thread merged with existing one.

Yeah happens to me quite often too.

And sometimes I can "drag" a city around with me. Like it was late in the game and obv savegame corruption already increased a fair bit - when clicking somewhere on the minimap it would take the city I had on my current view with me until I "returned" that city to where it was supposed to be with mouse/keyboard view lol.

Hi Civ5 Fans,

since i use mods my citys disappear after time, is this normal? I see the banner with the name, the citys are still there but they vanished after time and never come back, the Wonders too...all is gone on the normal map, but on the strategic view i see the city icons.

Look at the 2 Pics down below, i marked the problem in red.

As you can see no city anymore, first they are there but after time they gone and they never come back! My capital city is gone for over 40 rounds now....and i build since then a new wonder, that you allthough can't see.

Anyone have this problem too and maybe found a solution for this?

I use 3 Mods, the Tiny Death Robots Mod, Economy Mod, and the Vikings Mod. Before the Vikings i used the Queen of Iceni (don't know exact name) and there was this error too.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• City1.jpg
    City1.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 806
  • City2.jpg
    City2.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 782
I found the error, but not the solution what to do!

The problem why citys disappear is the colosseum, if i build or buy it the city immediatly disappears, and the citys from the AI too, cause meanwhile Tokio and some other citys from the enemy are gone too....so i think they build a colosseum.

Any idea?

Well the city reappears for me after a while unlike what the other thread is saying.

And normally I don't build the colosseum

The first screenshot shows that cabal2k has the German edition. Has this problem been reported at the Civilization Webring Forum?

It´s not related to the German edition. I don´t have it, but I´ve seen ´cities´ with no building whatsoever in em. (And I don´t mean size 1 cities.) It´s a bug alright.

The first screenshot shows that cabal2k has the German edition. Has this problem been reported at the Civilization Webring Forum?
Nope, i don't have the German Edition, i have the UK Edition from amazon.co.uk, i only play it in german cause i am german :)

EDIT:
OK, now i have tested it quickly with a trainer. I deactivated the economy mod and started later in renaissance with 2 other mods on and build a city and give me money, then i buy a colosseum and all other available buildings and play 2 rounds on, no disappearing after all.

Looks good and I hope that was it now, if not i come back here :)

Moderator Action: Merged the both "invisible city" threads, because the assumed reason in one of them vanished.

Only seen a screenshot yet, but no savegame :(.

@The_J: I have seen the same problem during my last game. The city never appeared from when it was founded. Sometimes the ground overlay ("brown patch on the grass") would glitch through the tile surface.

I looked at the savegame but apparently reloading fixes this and it hasn't been reproducible easily. Seems like something that happens after the engine's been running for a while.

<OT>I am pretty new here, so I must ask - The bug reports forum - is this being looked at by the dev team at all, at least at an unofficial level? It seems better organised here than at 2k forums but I am not sure if it makes a lot of sense if these are not going to get much relevant attention, and I'd like to report bugs to help resolve them, not just for the sake of it.</OT>

@The_J: I have seen the same problem during my last game. The city never appeared from when it was founded. Sometimes the ground overlay ("brown patch on the grass") would glitch through the tile surface.

I looked at the savegame but apparently reloading fixes this and it hasn't been reproducible easily. Seems like something that happens after the engine's been running for a while.

:think: seems to be a general thing for graphical bugs. Probably a minor issue somewhere in the drawing algorithm which leads to a bigger effect, which is fixed when the algorithm is run again. Probably something temporary related to the current state, some buildings in the city or something special in the terrain.

<OT>I am pretty new here, so I must ask - The bug reports forum - is this being looked at by the dev team at all, at least at an unofficial level? It seems better organised here than at 2k forums but I am not sure if it makes a lot of sense if these are not going to get much relevant attention, and I'd like to report bugs to help resolve them, not just for the sake of it.</OT>

You can see sometimes posts from the lead producer Dennis Shirk here, so they are looking at the forum, but i don't know how frequently.

And it makes sense for ourselves ;).
We want to have some overview about the current state of the game and we want to find possible solutions and causes here, so in a completely unorganized state it would make no sense.

@PKut,

Just to add to The_J's reply, CFC and Firaxis have had a close relationship ever since I've been hanging around here. If you choose to report bugs and they can be confirmed, I'm confident that the Firaxis developers will see them.

I'm going to move this thread to the Confirmed Bugs forum since it's clear that something is wrong.

Moderator Action: Moved to Confirmed Bugs forum.

Top Bottom