Ghost Ship 07/08/06

Orthanc

Shipwright
:evil:MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:evil:

Sure had a fun time with this one! This is the Ghost Ship from The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (ie: boat game, go figure:D ), obviously made for the Zelda Mod, but I'm sure it'll work great as a generic spooky vessel (alongside aaglo's Black Pearl done a few years ago). I've always wanted to do this one, I even made an oil painting of it (probably not that great but meh) about a year ago. Making the ship dissapear without the civ-colored 'spirits' around it vanishing too was great fun, I really like how that worked out. The sounds should be nightmare-sufficient too (though nothing like those Re-Dead screams, Zelda fans will understand), watch your speakers when you kill this thing!:evil:

Without further ado:
Ghost Ship

Yeah, that looks really good. I like the little spirits floating around the boat. Nice way to incorporate civ-colors.

Very nice :goodjob:

Phylosophical questions:
In the pedia pic the wisps are red ... in the flcs they are blue. :) Why ? :D

It's always that way with civ-colored objects, the default civilopedia palette has them red, the default animation palette has them blue.

Thanks everyone!:)

Wow! We've seen many great units lately, but this is outstanding!!!! OK, you have my full support for August (even if Mosca enters it)

Those effects are spectacular. This is my early pic for Unit of the month as well.

Once you've added the unit (there's a readme included in the file, and tons of tutorials floating around here as well to help you with that) Open up your editor, open up you're scenario, open up Rules, Edit rules, and go to General Settings. On the right side it should say Barbarian Sea Unit, and if you haven't changed it alread it'll say under that Galley. Just click that tab and select the Ghost Ship, or whatever you've named it in your scenario.

Top Bottom