Giant Earth Map and LOR

Sounds interesting! Could you upload your map file here?
Sure.
I got it working by making a clean WBS file. The GEM wbs file has units, and some script stuff. Or at least it does if you load it then save it as WBS.
I've been playing it recently, and it is very challenging, and forcing me to play in a different way. The map is loaded heavily with resources. Some people got for "realism" over playability. I'm not sure it needs so many resources, but I'm persevering with it.

I am having some issues with map size from the WorldInfo.xml file which facilitates the larger map. You need to alter the LOR WorldInfo.xml file to play the large map. Might be able to help you with that if you can't get the map going.

Attachments

• GEM.17.50.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Thanks!

But ... hmm, the leaders and civs are messed up. For instance:

BeginPlayer
Team=1
LeaderType=LEADER_ZARA_YAQOB
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_ZARA_YAQOB
CivDesc=Portuguese Tribe
CivShortDesc=Portugal
CivAdjective=Portuguese

And starting the map causes a CTD, maybe because the map is uncommonly large (210x90). Alter the Worldinfo.xml file, you say, but LOR doesn't seem to have its own separate Worldinfo.xml file. Regardless, could you tell me how to alter it?

Thanks!

BeginPlayer
Team=1
CivDesc=Portuguese Tribe
CivShortDesc=Portugal
CivAdjective=Portuguese

And starting the map causes a CTD, maybe because the map is uncommonly large (210x90). Alter the Worldinfo.xml file, you say, but LOR doesn't seem to have its own separate Worldinfo.xml file. Regardless, could you tell me how to alter it?
It's unrestricted leaders to add a bit of variety.

You need to take the gigantic section of GEM worldinfo.xml and add it to the LoR worldinfo.xml.

I think that's what I did. I'll check later on.

Thanks!

BeginPlayer
Team=1
CivDesc=Portuguese Tribe
CivShortDesc=Portugal
CivAdjective=Portuguese

I replaced the LoR WorldInfo with the GEM one, and the map plays fine.

How are you getting on with it?

I think there are too many resources. Which gives some AIs a huge advantage.
I'm still trying different civs with it though.
Hmm ... I played through it once, thought it worked well, honestly. But I really couldn't say if it is well-balanced or not. I went back to Civ V Vox Populi after one game. Though I love Civ IV, the stacks of doom are a bit grating.

Top Bottom