Giant Earth Map (Eurasia Upscaled), 24 civs

If you want to play the map with less than the 30 Civ's provided you have 2 option.... 1st is to use the 40 Civ Map/Mod and then just not make all the slots available but you will not be able to have the Civ's in their correct starting locations as they will be random.

If you want the Civ's to be in their correct locations ie the English in England and Eygptians in Eygpt then you will have to modify the 30Civ Map with note pad and remove the Civ's you don't want but you have to make sure you put in the default civ info to replace any Civ's removed AND you must search for any units from the Teams you removed and delete their entries so they won't be on the map.

Do you actually know how to post precise instructions on how to download and install the files to which you are referring? Your posts are utter gibberish to anyone unfamiliar with programming. This is not a board for programmers and your posts should be written as if you are addressing a computer illiterate with no knowledge of how to download and install files. Is it actually that difficult for you to post an exact extraction pathway for mods and the associated dlls necessary to run them? If this sounds sarcastic, it is meant to be so. I dislike lazy posters. It is nice that you are smart enough to program a giant map to use all 34 countries. This is worthless if you cannot convey how to use your creation to others. I sincerely hope that you take this angry criticism at face value and post useful directions. Then I will gladly praise your skill at programming. By the way, I read some of your previous explanations also, and none of them explained extraction paths clearly. Neither did the download pages, which should have been removed by a competent moderator. So, as you can see, this is not personal. I am quite willing to call to task lazy moderators as well.

Do you actually know how to post precise instructions on how to download and install the files to which you are referring? Your posts are utter gibberish to anyone unfamiliar with programming. This is not a board for programmers and your posts should be written as if you are addressing a computer illiterate with no knowledge of how to download and install files. Is it actually that difficult for you to post an exact extraction pathway for mods and the associated dlls necessary to run them? If this sounds sarcastic, it is meant to be so. I dislike lazy posters. It is nice that you are smart enough to program a giant map to use all 34 countries. This is worthless if you cannot convey how to use your creation to others. I sincerely hope that you take this angry criticism at face value and post useful directions. Then I will gladly praise your skill at programming. By the way, I read some of your previous explanations also, and none of them explained extraction paths clearly. Neither did the download pages, which should have been removed by a competent moderator. So, as you can see, this is not personal. I am quite willing to call to task lazy moderators as well.

You got my signature for this one.

Then could you do an earth map with 34 civs without colonies with the real starting positions?

We keep asking this over and over and over again, but I think the modders want us to learn how to mod first and then make the map ourselves??

Can you use this with BTS and with the "Extra Mod"?

ummm wow, what can I say but do you want me to hold your hand and wipe your butt for also? What I dislike is for people to come in here with their first post and bag on anyone who has taken their own sweet precious time to make something for others to enjoy.... your right, this isn't a board for programmers but it is a board for Modders and there are several posts throughout this board that explain in great detail on how, when and where to do these things. If your to lazy to look them up then you shouldn't be in these sections waisting the time and bagging on those of us who have.

I am no programmer but an average Joe who took the time to learn how to mod maps as I wasn't satisfied with what was being presented. Likewise if there is someone who wants something other than what is being presented then they can ask for someone to make it for them or learn to do it themselves just as I did.

I have adjusted this map for MY own benefit so it is not worthless whether or not I can "convey" it to others. I am sorry if you do not where to place the files I have provided. But to come in here like you have is no way to get anyone to help you. I did not post specific instruction as I posted in the middle of this thread in response to people asking for a BTS version of this map under the assumption that they have already used the original and know where the files would go. I will be making a new thread as Genghis suggested with the basic instructions on how to install and use these file once I have finished adjusting them.

alireza1354 - It has being repeatedly said that we can NOT at this time do what you wish. The Map will not load with 34 set Civ's though it will with 30. Which is way there are 2 version of the map. One with 30 Set Civs and one with 34 Civ's that are random in set starting plots which is the closest I could get them to being set civ's. Which means that a random Civ will start where London would normally be, another will start in the Rome spot and so on and so forth etc.... When it is possible to have 34 set Civ's then I will be adjusting the map at that time.

Well, I really like to play as the Dutch or Portugese, so I guess I will wait until the Khan updates his mod.

Fingers crossed though, playing on a gigantic Earth map is what I enjoy most about the game!

Oh and Nightravn, that Good Person test of yours is the most foul piece of propaganda I've had the misfortune of clicking on in a long time.

They should simply include a link ''I don't believe in God and never will'' somewhere in the middle, that instantly closes the window. Saves non-brainwashed people the nightmare of having to go through all that.

Well, I really like to play as the Dutch or Portugese, so I guess I will wait until the Khan updates his mod.

Fingers crossed though, playing on a gigantic Earth map is what I enjoy most about the game!

Oh and Nightravn, that Good Person test of yours is the most foul piece of propaganda I've had the misfortune of clicking on in a long time.

They should simply include a link ''I don't believe in God and never will'' somewhere in the middle, that instantly closes the window. Saves non-brainwashed people the nightmare of having to go through all that.

You can alway use the 40 Civ Map and Mod and choose either civ though you probably won't be starting in their traditional locations......

Once someone figures out how to get a map with 34 set civs to work then I will be adding those civs in but even then they wont be in their traditional spots as there is just not enough room. I plan on putting the Portuguese in Brazil and the Dutch in the Indonesia to represent the Dutch East Indies so at least there have some Historically relevance.

As for the test.... never say never...... you don't have to "believe" in the truth because the truth is just that and one day everyone will discover it.

On my own initiative, I got the 3.1 version of GK's map running in BTS three weeks ago. Here's my experience:

I got it running up to 31 civs in pre-set locations. After that, there's some sort of memory issue related to the leader names--it's discussed in a forum thread for Lt. Bob's 40 Civ .dll, if I am not mistaken. It sounds like leader names will have to be truncated in order to permit the map to reliably load with more than 30 civs. In my case, I had initially renamed several of the leaders with full names, so knocking them down to first or last will probably resolve this issue. Lt. Bob, I believe, posted a test map in which all 34 leaders, plus 6 colonial leaders, had been knocked down to three letter names. There was also some hypothesis that the order of the civilizations in the map file makes a difference, but that didn't seem to stop me.

The map itself runs fine on my 3GB of Ram and dual core CPU :lol:, aside from the fact that nobody has posted a 24 or 34 civ .dll which includes Solver's unofficial bug fixes. This is actually pretty crucial, since the late game grinds to halt under several crashes, most of which Solver solved. Heh.

Until somebody can generate such a .dll, I'm running the 3.1 map with 18 civs, the Expanded epic modcomp, and Solver's patch (See main forum page for BTS, for this patch). I'll report on the stablity of this configuration later.

Update: Lt. Bob does report an issue with name string lengths. He does have a work-around. He also has a 40 civ .dll with Solver updates. I'm combining it with Chiyu's "Extra" Mod and the 3.1 GK map. Report to follow.;)

ummm wow, what can I say but do you want me to hold your hand and wipe your butt for also? What I dislike is for people to come in here with their first post and bag on anyone who has taken their own sweet precious time to make something for others to enjoy.... your right, this isn't a board for programmers but it is a board for Modders and there are several posts throughout this board that explain in great detail on how, when and where to do these things. If your to lazy to look them up then you shouldn't be in these sections waisting the time and bagging on those of us who have.

I am no programmer but an average Joe who took the time to learn how to mod maps as I wasn't satisfied with what was being presented. Likewise if there is someone who wants something other than what is being presented then they can ask for someone to make it for them or learn to do it themselves just as I did.

I have adjusted this map for MY own benefit so it is not worthless whether or not I can "convey" it to others. I am sorry if you do not where to place the files I have provided. But to come in here like you have is no way to get anyone to help you. I did not post specific instruction as I posted in the middle of this thread in response to people asking for a BTS version of this map under the assumption that they have already used the original and know where the files would go. I will be making a new thread as Genghis suggested with the basic instructions on how to install and use these file once I have finished adjusting them.

alireza1354 - It has being repeatedly said that we can NOT at this time do what you wish. The Map will not load with 34 set Civ's though it will with 30. Which is way there are 2 version of the map. One with 30 Set Civs and one with 34 Civ's that are random in set starting plots which is the closest I could get them to being set civ's. Which means that a random Civ will start where London would normally be, another will start in the Rome spot and so on and so forth etc.... When it is possible to have 34 set Civ's then I will be adjusting the map at that time.

Yes, young man, I expect you to hold my hand and explain the exact extraction pathway for your program. Stop making snotty remarks like a little punk and just post the extraction pathway. No one should have to look beyond your post of the mod to find out how to load it. This is simple common sense.You are obviously incapable of posting the extraction pathway even though many others have asked for the same. I intend to ask that the moderators delete your thread as well as your account unless you comply with board rules, including using zip files and not rar files disguised as zips in the links. I dislike punks like you who cannot admit error but defend their own stupidity instead. You don't like my attitude. My attitude exists because you don't follow either common sense or the posting rules of this board. By the way, if you only adjusted the map for your own benefit, then why are you even posting here? If you are going to make arguments to defend yourself, at least try to make them intelligent.

Yes, young man, I expect you to hold my hand and explain the exact extraction pathway for your program. Stop making snotty remarks like a little punk and just post the extraction pathway. No one should have to look beyond your post of the mod to find out how to load it. This is simple common sense.You are obviously incapable of posting the extraction pathway even though many others have asked for the same. I intend to ask that the moderators delete your thread as well as your account unless you comply with board rules, including using zip files and not rar files disguised as zips in the links. I dislike punks like you who cannot admit error but defend their own stupidity instead. You don't like my attitude. My attitude exists because you don't follow either common sense or the posting rules of this board. By the way, if you only adjusted the map for your own benefit, then why are you even posting here? If you are going to make arguments to defend yourself, at least try to make them intelligent.

pfffft, if anyone is breaking forum rules here it is you sir. Calling people names just goes to so your own maturity level. You have no idea now old or young I am so making remarks to that effect just goes to show that you have no idea what your talking about. The only error I have made is to waste my time even replying to your sad attempts to draw attention to yourself because frankly I could care less what you dislike or not.

If you don't know where a map file goes or a mod file that is YOUR problem not mine. If you had bothered to read the original post about the map there are very specific instructions on where these types of files go. Though maybe next time if you are not sure then trying asking nicely, didn't your momma ever tell ya that you will attract more bee's with honey than vinegar? I think someone needs a time out and some lesions on manners.

As for why I share the work I do... well it's because I am just a swell guy like that.

On my own initiative, I got the 3.1 version of GK's map running in BTS three weeks ago. Here's my experience:

I got it running up to 31 civs in pre-set locations. After that, there's some sort of memory issue related to the leader names--it's discussed in a forum thread for Lt. Bob's 40 Civ .dll, if I am not mistaken. It sounds like leader names will have to be truncated in order to permit the map to reliably load with more than 30 civs. In my case, I had initially renamed several of the leaders with full names, so knocking them down to first or last will probably resolve this issue. Lt. Bob, I believe, posted a test map in which all 34 leaders, plus 6 colonial leaders, had been knocked down to three letter names. There was also some hypothesis that the order of the civilizations in the map file makes a difference, but that didn't seem to stop me.

The map itself runs fine on my 3GB of Ram and dual core CPU :lol:, aside from the fact that nobody has posted a 24 or 34 civ .dll which includes Solver's unofficial bug fixes. This is actually pretty crucial, since the late game grinds to halt under several crashes, most of which Solver solved. Heh.

Until somebody can generate such a .dll, I'm running the 3.1 map with 18 civs, the Expanded epic modcomp, and Solver's patch (See main forum page for BTS, for this patch). I'll report on the stablity of this configuration later.

Update: Lt. Bob does report an issue with name string lengths. He does have a work-around. He also has a 40 civ .dll with Solver updates. I'm combining it with Chiyu's "Extra" Mod and the 3.1 GK map. Report to follow.;)

Thanks Woerkilt, I will be looking into that.

pfffft, if anyone is breaking forum rules here it is you sir. Calling people names just goes to so your own maturity level. You have no idea now old or young I am so making remarks to that effect just goes to show that you have no idea what your talking about. The only error I have made is to waste my time even replying to your sad attempts to draw attention to yourself because frankly I could care less what you dislike or not.

If you don't know where a map file goes or a mod file that is YOUR problem not mine. If you had bothered to read the original post about the map there are very specific instructions on where these types of files go. Though maybe next time if you are not sure then trying asking nicely, didn't your momma ever tell ya that you will attract more bee's with honey than vinegar? I think someone needs a time out and some lesions on manners.

As for why I share the work I do... well it's because I am just a swell guy like that.

All you have to do is post an exact extraction path. Obviously you would rather engage in a pissing contest. Your actions define you as an ass. Your replies to my posts have taken up ten times as much space as simply posting the extraction path I requested.

All you have to do is post an exact extraction path. Obviously you would rather engage in a pissing contest. Your actions define you as an ass. Your replies to my posts have taken up ten times as much space as simply posting the extraction path I requested.

Maybe if you say pretty please....... :please:

Can you use this with BTS and with the "Extra Mod"?

Yessiree you can. I'm doing it right now in fact, along with a DLL file that enables 40 civs and includes Solver's unofficial patch (The 14 August version). Although I'm only running 30 civs for my current session, for experimental reasons.

I'm pressed for time at the moment, but I can provide detailed instructions on how I accomplished this later. Bear in mind, however, that I took the original GK map and modified it myself, instead of downloading an updated version. Meanwhile, take heart that the deed you ask of can be done.

Thanks Woerkilt, I will be looking into that.

Yer welcome!

Good news, I got the Map to work with 34 Set Civ's. I will be doing some finishing touches to the Map and will be posting the Maps and other pertinent info in a new thread sometime this weekend. Now this Map is Genghis Kia original 2.2 version that has been slightly modified terrain wise and has been toned down resource wise. I have tried to make it both realistic but does have game play and balance adjustments.

And yes MR. ED it will have detailed extraction paths on where to put what.

Running the map for 30 civs with the correct dll

repeatedly crashed on the turn or the turn after the AI built the statue of Zeus, blue screen of death and memory dump (I am running vista 64bit)

After 3rd crash bts was corrupted and I had to uninstall and reinstall and I lost the save :(

For Oceania, since there was no domestication, I've moved the stat for sheeps to deep, to represent Kangaroos and Emus, that Australia has plenty in here.

Kangaroos and emus are by no means the equivalent of domesticated animals liek sheep. Deer would be better, because they are hunted rather than herded. Also it would help facilitate trans-pacific trade: llamas (sheep) and corn from the east, for deer and rice from the west.

Top Bottom