1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gift units to City States

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by orielense, Jul 28, 2012.

1. orielense

orielense Chieftain

I have gifted two units to a City State. They both disappeared from my territory, but did not seem to appear in the CS territory. It looks like I have just wasted two units. Am I missing something?

2. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

I think it takes a few turns for them to reappear at the CS... aka travel time.
    Anyway - gifting them units is pretty much a waste as it gives you a mere 2 influence points. Wow. I'd rather take the money you get from deleting a unit inside your territory.

3. orielense

orielense Chieftain

I understand your point. However, the CS is (i) an ally, (ii) supplies me with luxury goods that stop my Civ from becoming unhappy, (iii) under attack by another Civ with which I am friends. So, I want to stop the other Civ wiping out my allied CS without having to declare war on that Civ. I want to prop up that CS, and I'm not really concerned about the miniscule influence points.

This kind of situation is one of the things that makes Civ5 a great game.

Any idea how many turns it takes a gifted unit to show up?

4. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

I've never done this, but somehow the number "3" comes to my mind. Totally no guarantee though.

5. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

For some reason, that seems like what it should be to me too.

I think it is three turns.

6. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Chieftain

Speaking of gifted units, what dictates the unique unit a military type City State will gift to you? I've gotten CNKs, Sipahi and other UUs for some odd reason.

7. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Vanilla: Totally random.
    G&Ks: Every military CS will be randomed one UU (from a civ that is not in the game) that it will always give in this game (until it is obsolete).

8. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Chieftain

Ahh interesting. Thanks.

9. pxpdoo

pxpdoo Ninja Burger Fry Cook

It is three turns.

10. rev063

rev063 Chieftain

Unless you move the unit in question to CS territory and use the "gift" action button, in which case the transfer is instantaneous.