Gifting cities to a vassal?

jordandee

Chieftain
Hello! Long time lurker but first time poster on here. I just want to thank everyone who put in the time and effort to create this wonderful mod. I played RFC:DOC until I downloaded this mod and haven't looked back.

Anyhow, I do have a question. I am currently playing as Burgundy and I have Spain (Duchy of Leon) as a vassal. I am at war with Cordoba with the intent of transferring the cities over to Spain, but it's not giving me the option on their diplomacy screen. I was able to gift cities in the Levant to Byzantium but oddly, not to give Iberian cities to Spain. One of them even has Spanish culture still. Is there any way to give them away through the WB or is this a bug of some kind? TIA

edit: OK, so I figured out how to gift from WB but I will leave this up because I think you should be able to gift cities to a vassal's natural or potentially stable areas.

Last edited:
Sometimes, you just have to wait, until order is restored in the city, and then you can gift it to them. But initially you are right, it should give you an option at conquest.

And Welcome at the forum! ATM its dead, because the developer guy do something else (RL, University, other Mod...ect)

Hello! Long time lurker but first time poster on here. I just want to thank everyone who put in the time and effort to create this wonderful mod. I played RFC:DOC until I downloaded this mod and haven't looked back.

Anyhow, I do have a question. I am currently playing as Burgundy and I have Spain (Duchy of Leon) as a vassal. I am at war with Cordoba with the intent of transferring the cities over to Spain, but it's not giving me the option on their diplomacy screen. I was able to gift cities in the Levant to Byzantium but oddly, not to give Iberian cities to Spain. One of them even has Spanish culture still. Is there any way to give them away through the WB or is this a bug of some kind? TIA

edit: OK, so I figured out how to gift from WB but I will leave this up because I think you should be able to gift cities to a vassal's natural or potentially stable areas.
Welcome to the mod! :) I hope you have fun with it!
Actually I did not look into city gifting to vassals, AFAIK it's unchanged from vanilla BtS rules.
Sometimes, you just have to wait, until order is restored in the city, and then you can gift it to them. But initially you are right, it should give you an option at conquest.
You guys are right though, it should always be possible to gift cities in core and historic areas

I have a game with hungary, poland my vassal. I can gift them all the cities in their core/ok even border provinces, no problem.
It depends on their culture in the city tiles. If it's at least 20% (IIRC), then you can liberate cities back to them.
There are some inconsistencies with culture in Civ IV, as in it not always work in an intuitive way. Especially in RFC type mods, where flips (in different forms) are way more common.
Maybe DoC already improved no the existing mechanics, culture already came up in one of the other threads recently.
I do plan to revise it at some point, especially the culture changes on city secession/flip.

Top Bottom