Gifting cities

Ultimate_Waffle

The soul devourer.
I have some cities I want to give to some capitulated vassals I have. But none of my cities show up for offer. Usually if I have cities an AI doesn't want, the cities still show up in a list (just in red). But for them, the cities just don't show up at all.

The vassal system in C2C, which is mostly just from BtS, is a rigid system that leaves much to be desired.
The system is written as if vassals are enemies that have been 100% subdued, and there's no need to give them anything, or have any further diplomacy with them, and they should not be a factor in further gameplay development other than to be a dead player without yet knowing it.

I don't like anything about it and would probably end up rewriting it entirely if I even attempted to make the smallest change to it, I have a lot of other priorities though so I won't risk trying to make small changes to it as I would end up stuck in a huge project for a long time in all likelihood. ^^

I agree with Toffer... we have done little with vassalage due to there being so many issues with it in gameplay. It's just not the front of design battle that any of us have tried to conquer though some modders have given us some good code solutions worked out in other mods that makes it a more comprehensive concept that might be good to implement at somepoint.

Someday, it might be fun to make being a vassal a viable player strategy. The AI does it, they ask to be vassal to a bigger civ for the middle ages, catch up and bypass everyone else in tech, then break off and build a spaceship

Someday, it might be fun to make being a vassal a viable player strategy. The AI does it, they ask to be vassal to a bigger civ for the middle ages, catch up and bypass everyone else in tech, then break off and build a spaceship
With WFL on, this sort of strategy certainly is a bit more viable. Let the larger nation be the military threat and dedicate yourself to researching and getting out ahead there.

Top Bottom