1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gifting Units to City States

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by eswartz2525, Jun 28, 2012.

1. eswartz2525

eswartz2525 Chieftain

Has anyone else been noticing that units you gift to city states don't show up at all sometimes? I don;t know if it's just me or not but I'll gift a city state about 8 units of various types and maybe 3 will show up at the city state in question. Is this is a known bug or am I just not seeing them somewhere?

2. Miravlix

Miravlix King

Gifting to many units in a turn seems to work badly pre-G&K too.

I wouldn't gift more than 2-3 at a time to them because of it.

3. Barghaest

Barghaest King

Yeah, also noticed pre-G&K that if you gifted a continual stream of units to a CS, some would disappear (I assume the CS disbanded them for economic/support reasons since another had just shown up).

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It is nice though, that if you are playing as Austria and you need just a little top-off to get a city-state alliance in order to DM, you can just hand over a few units. Then you get them back after the DM.

5. ShredZ

ShredZ Warlord

Ya Ive gifted lots, and over time I notice that the units Ive sent have since been disbanded. In your case I guess they immediately disband as they go into the red.

6. z220580

z220580 Chieftain

Yep i have also noticed that gifting them units is useless now and mind you the 2nd human player playing with me gifted the same city states and it kept his units but all of mine "never to be seen"....

7. avl8

avl8 Prince

How many influence do u get per unit btw?

8. Barghaest

Barghaest King

2 Influence per unit to maximum of 6 (after 3 units you get nothing)

9. compwiz1202

compwiz1202 King

Yea it's like getting back airport doing that trick with Austria.

10. nefloyd

nefloyd King

This sucks for trying to keep a city-state alive by loading them up with military units without declaring war on whoever attacks them :(

11. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

yeah ive seen it before, messed up thing is it has happened when they were requesting units