Gigantic UI?

Tamed

Warlord
Is there a way to size this down? Even "small scale UI" is absolutely huge and interferes with looking at the game.

1920x1200, yes, it's just huge. It takes up atleast 25% of the entire screen.

...the one thing that really bothers me is the sheer size of the minimap. Not really mini. The rest appears to be fine, as far as I can tell.

Cheers, LT.

IIRC from the manual (I'm still installing Civ V) there's an option to force small UI.

I'm actually glad for the large UI, because I'm running a 1080p 15.6" laptop.

Go into the interface options, turn off automatic UI scaling, and force it to use the small version.

Here are screenshots of both small and large, the difference is indeed tiny. I think it's an ok size for me, but I wouldn't want to play it in a resolution lower than my 1920x1200.

Another odd thing i noticed when flipping between the images is that all the terrain elements seem to get a new randomized appearance every time you load the save. Makes sense from a save optimization point, but a little weird. I assume if you're playing a MP game, the world will look slightly different for each player as well.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 3,179
  • large.jpg
    large.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 3,307
Here are screenshots of both small and large, the difference is indeed tiny. I think it's an ok size for me, but I wouldn't want to play it in a resolution lower than my 1920x1200.

Another odd thing i noticed when flipping between the images is that all the terrain elements seem to get a new randomized appearance every time you load the save. Makes sense from a save optimization point, but a little weird. I assume if you're playing a MP game, the world will look slightly different for each player as well.

The UI really doesn't take up much of the screen in those pictures... though what is odd is the terrain changes in the background. One coastline recedes and one hill flattens wtf?

"Use Small Interface" has been reported in the Bugs forum. They should bring back the CTRL-I, imo.

Here's an example of bad the UI is and how it covers the screen. There is too much wasted space with all of the boxes and black areas. The same information can easily be shown with taking up so much of the screen.

Attachments

• civ5ui.jpg
    civ5ui.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 517
Here's an example of bad the UI is and how it covers the screen. There is too much wasted space with all of the boxes and black areas. The same information can easily be shown with taking up so much of the screen.

I had that issue, until I 'fixed' my resolution - bumping it up to 19xxX12xx I think it was made it very much greater indeed. I originally tried at the minimum(why it defaulted their is beyond me) and it was atrocious. In fact I think that's the same resolution as that screen shot - try uping your resolution, it makes the game and UI much much more enjoyable.

The lower the resolution you play on, of course the UI is going to be bigger - it's just like placing a lower resolution on your desktop(your icons get larger - so you see less of your desktop background). If the UI is too big for you increase your resolution.

that's what i'm dealing with, too

Top Bottom