[BTS] Giggles is pleased, I can't beg before war with Izzy

guermantes

Emperor wannabe
Am I forgetting how this thing works? I want to invade Izzy but Giggles is also on my borders and we are the only buddhists in this world. Both of them are pleased with me and with each other. I guess Izzy will bribe him in against me unless I get a peace treaty with him first, but I have no begging options. And offering money or silver will not give me a peace treaty either.

Am I overlooking something?

This article really helps understanding each AI leader:

Know Your Enemy

I don't think Gigs can be bribed into war here, but not totally certain. He is pleased with you, and I think he would need to be Cautious or lower in order to be bribable. Plus, he is not Friendly with Izzy. (Bribe attitude does not always align with plotting attitude)

He has no gold at all, or an extra resource?

Weird that Iz is not in a religion. She musta built Shweggie, but it is still odd.

edit: Fred might be bribed here I think, but not sure if he is a concern at all.

Izzy plots at pleased. So does Giggles. So it could be anyone. Normally a neighbour? Sometimes those at war are deemed to have a lower power rating. Of course pends when Izzy went red fist.

Usually you beg 40-50G or demand 10G if not at pleased. A save would help.

My gut would be to declare. AI can't be far from LBs. Do scout out Giggles stack first? At pleased he can't be bribed.

Oh, I had missed that Izzy has gone out of Buddhism !! She founded it but maybe it was her popping Christianity a few turns ago and now she starts afresh? :) That should at least not make Giggles unhappy with me because I DoW a fellow buddhist, which was my main fear. I'll send in some units to see where her stack is. I agree with Gumbolt, I feel I need to make a move, otherwise I won't be able to assert myself in this game (emperor).
(I didn't include a save since I am still using Better Bat AI mod)

Know Your Enemy is a great resource, but I wasn't sure I interpreted things right. (As in trying to decide whether Izzy could bride Giggles on me after I declare on her.)
Perhaps I'll just roll the dice and see what happens. I can always quit if Giggles sends a massive stack my way. :)

You really wanted those scouts before you declare. Delaying the attack would be bad. Izzy is making units in war mode?

Yeah don't have that mod.

Is there an Ai to north of Izzy. Other option is wait for her to delcare but that seems bad given you are ready to declare.

Yeah, I should have scouted earlier. She has no-one to the north. Also, her land is split vertically by a rather deep ocean toungue. This is pangea so maybe there is a passage at the very north of the map. Possibly she is irritated with someone on the other side of the ocean where she has colonies. Her core territory is next to me, I'll settle for that. Even better if her stack is across the water. I think I'll declare and hope for the best.

Wow you have 28 units in that stack. I would split. You don't need to fully bombard before you attack. Speed is important to avoid LB. 920AD is really late for a phant/preat/pult rush.

I think 18-20 units would of been ample. With follow up units once war gets going. No wonder your attack is so late.

Top Bottom