Ginger or Mary Ann?

Ginger or Mary Ann?

• Total voters
Mary Ann! We were just talking about this the other day in chat :D

Here's some others. Cool points if you get the shows...
Bailey or Jennifer? (Bailey, btw, is the right answer)
Jody or Terri? (Jodi, though really both are so full of win)
Jane or Ellie May? (*snicker*)

Don't remember too much of either's personality, but I prefer Mary Ann's looks.

(As a red-head, I'm firmly committed to the extinction of gingers through cross-breeding.)

Mary Ann was a Miss Nevada, so obviously my vote goes with her.

And I admit I'm not big on facial moles for women.

Mary-Ann. I like practical women.

Lets see what wiki says:

Ginger or Mary Ann?

The question of which one men prefer has endured long after the end of the series. The question has inspired commercials, essays, videos, etc. By most accounts, the wholesome down–to–earth Mary Ann has outpolled Ginger by a sizable vote. Bob Denver (aka Gilligan), admitted he was a Mary Ann fan, and that when producers did polls, Mary Ann always beat Ginger, usually three to one. It has been cited that this angered Tina Louise (aka Ginger) greatly, who received only half the amount of fan mail that Dawn Wells (aka Mary Ann) received weekly. According to Bob Denver in a 2001 interview, Wells received 3–5,000 fan letters weekly, whereas, Ginger may have got 1,500 or 2,000

Here's some others. Cool points if you get the shows...
Bailey or Jennifer? (Bailey, btw, is the right answer)
Jody or Terri? (Jodi, though really both are so full of win)
Jane or Ellie May? (*snicker*)

Going through puberty at the time, Ellie May in the Cement Pond was hot - along with the constant suggestive animal husbandry. But watching reruns a few years later, I began imagining staid, conservative, straight-laced plain Jane wearing the NAZI-leather lingerie (-think Cloris Leachman in Young Frankenstein) underneath that professional apparel.

On the very important Ginger v. Mary Ann debate, my thinking is:

We're marooned on an island for at least three seasons and several movie sequals - if I play my cards right, I can sample both. And perhaps some drunken Mrs. Howell or "little buddy" on the side.

Lets see what wiki says:

Ginger or Mary Ann?

The question of which one men prefer has endured long after the end of the series. The question has inspired commercials, essays, videos, etc. By most accounts, the wholesome down–to–earth Mary Ann has outpolled Ginger by a sizable vote. Bob Denver (aka Gilligan), admitted he was a Mary Ann fan, and that when producers did polls, Mary Ann always beat Ginger, usually three to one. It has been cited that this angered Tina Louise (aka Ginger) greatly, who received only half the amount of fan mail that Dawn Wells (aka Mary Ann) received weekly. According to Bob Denver in a 2001 interview, Wells received 3–5,000 fan letters weekly, whereas, Ginger may have got 1,500 or 2,000

Mary Ann then. Clearly you'll look like a champ to a larger number of males, a primary consideration when choosing a mate.

Ginger was pretty in a phony, made-up way... but could she make a coconut cream pie to save her life?

My answer is the Professor, of course. Russell Johnson was cute! :D

My answer is the Professor, of course. Russell Johnson was cute! :D

You ever seen any of his pre-Gilligan stuff? It's always surprised me the few times I've seen him pop up in things. Mainly westerns for some reason.

Well actually I have heard Dawn Wells in an interview, and she resents that people think
Mary-Ann is a better choice, because she is low-maint.

Why not do both? You know how women are.

Top Bottom