Gird your loins - I think today is the patchday

Ermak-

Prince
Yesterday evening I got some wierd un-anounced automatic DLS updates thrue steam. Apearantly it wasnt just me since I checked with few others. I think Firaxis pushed them just before the patch to sync everything up. Get rdy for some major hogbash tonight on multiplayer.

12 hours ago, 2K Greg posted this:
Actually, it's "soon". I'm just trying to figure out exactly how soon and I'll let you guys know the second I do.
That says 'in the next couple of weeks' to me, not 'tomorrow'.

My Steam client updated itself yesterday, but no Civ V update yet.

Freshly squeezed quote from 2kGreg over at the 2k forums:
Haha, thanks for the laugh! In actuality, I fully expect to give you the patch release date today!

Now that is a .sig file made of win. Especially since you can imagine Nimoy saying it.

*girding loins*
Okay so it's not strictly still today, but I do now I have an estimate of the patch release: This week! That's right, that means either today (Thursday) or tomorrow (Friday) so you'll be able to try it out over the weekend.

It's not 100% guaranteed as we're still doing a final pass of testing, but it's pretty darn likely.

'girding loins' my thoughts exactly, someone asked me to 'put my best foot forward' the other day - made me smile. Oh and I gather,'final pass of testing' is usually a five minute procedure...

Heh, not every day I have someone tell me to "gird my loins"...

Well, it's good, solid everyday advice if you ask me . . .

But yeah, even before the new announcement above I would have guessed it would have to come before the DLC. It's a pattern at this point.

I'm girt about the paps with a linen ephod, because I am a son of Levi. :)

I'm girt about the paps with a linen ephod, because I am a son of Levi. :)

I'm a bit thick, but that sounds like a biblical reference.

Well, I'm glad to hear it's coming today or tomorrow because A) I'm interested in seeing how it affects the AI and B) it means the next patch is even sooner, which sounds like it'll have some really good additions.

This might explain the fact that steam just downloaded 500mb worth of Civ 5 material for no apparent reason.

Wow. With me it was 99.8Mb

I had a mod installed and I'm assuming that's why not only has it downloaded a much larger file, but is now completely corrupt and requires me to redownload the entire game.

Top Bottom