Give me a scenario to explore a UU

This thread caused me to finally go back and actually look at Brazil's UU's numbers. They're almost unreal:

Compared to a Battleship it has:
+ 10 Ranged Strength
+ 10 Melee Strength
+ 10 Anti-Air Strength (really? I've never seen it in action)

But it ALSO unlocks at Nationalism (Industrial civic) instead of Combined Arms (Atomic tech). I'm not kidding when I say this thing owns its era. I suppose it being a boat makes a little less useful, but any city within 3 tiles of the sea is in big trouble.
Which Nationalism unlocks fleets on top of that, which makes them that much more ridiculous for their era. I just dealt with an AI brazil with these things. He one shot everything, including field cannon corps, sea dog fleets, and ironclad fleets. My Sea Dog fleets were hitting it for 9-13 damage. Funny though, once I had a single sub, that put an immediate end to his warships.

I've greatly underestimated Saka Horse Archers. Like, BIG underestimation.

I first thought they were Slingers in a horse. Wouldn't be that bad, but not stellar though. I just figured their so limited range would be too big a hindrance.

Then I used them, and boy, they pack a punch. They're more like Horsemen with a sling (maybe catapult given how much damage those "slings" deal). Surround a city with them and they can bring down Ancient Walls in 2 turns.

Pair them with all of Tomyris' abilities (double light cavalry production, extra damage when enemy is wounded, heal on kills), the card for 50% production for cavalry units and the fact they don't need horses because they're a unique, and you get a nigh-unstoppable early army. Forget the 10-cities-by-turn-100 milestone, depending on the map size, dificulty setting and number of players, you may be looking at 12 cities and up.

Top Bottom