Giving a civ an improvement from another

Crimson13

Prince
Considering that the CBP gives quite a bunch more improvements for workers to build than vanilla, it gives quite an amount to choose from. Mostly I want to know how to give one civ, be it modded or not, an improvement that another civ has; the Polder or Kuna for example.

Is it possible to do so or are they locked behind their respective civs?

The only way is to acquire cities with those unique improvements either by conquest, trade (you can trade cities with friends), or ideological revolt.

I mean have the civ be able to build the improvements as the civ that can. Like the custom civ and Sweden can both build the Polder rather than just Sweden.

Considering that the CBP gives quite a bunch more improvements for workers to build than vanilla, it gives quite an amount to choose from. Mostly I want to know how to give one civ, be it modded or not, an improvement that another civ has; the Polder or Kuna for example.

Is it possible to do so or are they locked behind their respective civs?

There are some mods on Steam Workshop by BlouBlou that allow all civs to build unique terrain improvements. Here's an example for Polder.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=85394672

It's not balanced with CBP and it allows every nation to build Polder, which isn't exactly what you're looking for. I tried making my own mods for terrain last year and it was trickier than I expected (I find it always is with modding Civ 5 :( ).

There are some mods on Steam Workshop by BlouBlou that allow all civs to build unique terrain improvements. Here's an example for Polder.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=85394672

It's not balanced with CBP and it allows every nation to build Polder, which isn't exactly what you're looking for. I tried making my own mods for terrain last year and it was trickier than I expected (I find it always is with modding Civ 5 :( ).

Check mods compatibility thread and search these Bloublou's mods to make them compatible with CBP. Enginseer made it happen :)

Well I did...something. I tried to do what the mod civ did and make its own Polder, Kasbah, ect., but now the civs that originally had them have 2 copies; mine and theirs.

I'm really hoping it's a simple line to add or something because doing that mix-up took me about a half an hour to an hour.

Well I did...something. I tried to do what the mod civ did and make its own Polder, Kasbah, ect., but now the civs that originally had them have 2 copies; mine and theirs.

I'm really hoping it's a simple line to add or something because doing that mix-up took me about a half an hour to an hour.

If you have two, they'll both be available, as one is generic (for all civs) and one is for them.

If you want another specific civ to have one, you need to set the civilization type.

Code:
<Row>
			<Type>IMPROVEMENT_BRAZILWOOD_CAMP</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_BRAZILWOOD_CAMP</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_BRAZILWOOD_CAMP_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_BRAZILWOOD_CAMP_HELP</Help>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_BRAZILWOOD_CAMP</ArtDefineTag>
			<SpecificCivRequired>true</SpecificCivRequired>
			[B]<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL</CivilizationType>[/B]
			<RequiresFeature>true</RequiresFeature>
			<PillageGold>10</PillageGold>
			<PortraitIndex>1</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>TERRAIN_IMPROVEMENT_ICON_ATLAS_EXP2</IconAtlas>
		</Row>
G

Hmm, even when changing the CivilizationType to the mod civ name it (And the others.) still don't show up. Egh, I'm not cut out for this. It doesn't help that I can't seem to find the Brazilwood, besides what you put up, among a few others; I can find the Kuna, Eki, and Shoshone Encampment but not any of the originals. Plus, it's mostly me copy and pasting things with what little changes I know and hoping it works.

Still, thank you Gazebo.

Hmm, even when changing the CivilizationType to the mod civ name it (And the others.) still don't show up. Egh, I'm not cut out for this. It doesn't help that I can't seem to find the Brazilwood, besides what you put up, among a few others; I can find the Kuna, Eki, and Shoshone Encampment but not any of the originals. Plus, it's mostly me copy and pasting things with what little changes I know and hoping it works.

Still, thank you Gazebo.

You looked here?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Terrain\

All improvements are in this folder.

Also, I strongly suggest you download SQLite. Install it, and go New-> 'open database' -> Civ5DebugDatabase in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache (once your mod is loaded). You can then view all the tables in the game, and all the values in these tables. Use that to find your improvement or, if needed, the other improvements you want to mirror/borrow from/duplicate.

G

Ah, I had little clue where they were. I typically use the Windows search to find things, it seems to only work for the Documents folder however; using it anywhere else doesn't bring up anything when I type in 'Brazilwood'. Thanks again.

As for the SQLite, what am I downloading? Because I've downloaded a couple and I cannot make heads or tails of anything in the descriptions of what I'm downloading.

Ah, I had little clue where they were. I typically use the Windows search to find things, it seems to only work for the Documents folder however; using it anywhere else doesn't bring up anything when I type in 'Brazilwood'. Thanks again.

As for the SQLite, what am I downloading? Because I've downloaded a couple and I cannot make heads or tails of anything in the descriptions of what I'm downloading.

Oh I copied the wrong link. Silly me. https://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/

Top Bottom