Glad I Didn't Buy The Digital Deluxe Edition

Shoot, we knew about Jadwiga long before release Soduka. It's no surprise she's the first DLC after Monty.

I'm always a fan of scenarios even though I rarely end up playing them. Given that Civ VI in its current form is both a bit of a mess and a drag with the game timescale, the shorter scenarios might even offer a better play experience - though as the scenarios are apparently heavily combat-focused I wouldn't count on it.

I'm expecting that the deluxe edition will be worth 5 - 10 euro's more then the 20 euro's i've paid for it.
Not that i care how much money goes towards firaxis. Having played more then four thousandth hours on civ four.

Way to stick it to your most loyal fans, Firaxis.

These 2 DLCs, which are lacking in content individually, really could have been combined into a single pack, maybe for $7.

Err, really? Are we now at a point where such ridiculous DLC is almost accepted?
In a single pack for 7$ you'd get: 1 Civ, 3 natural wonders, 6 city states and two scenarios most people will never play. That shouldn't have any price tag on it, but it seems the dreadful DLC policy of the major publishers to offer you a crumb of bread for 5$ is getting more acceptance.

Compare that to what beyond the sword added 9 years ago for 30$:
10 Civs, 6 leaders
11 scenarios (granted most of those were mods)
New game mechanics (Corporations, espionage, apostolic palace)
Random Events
and several small improvements.

At the price 2k is peddling those DLC the Civs and scenarios from BtS would cost around 50$ nowadays.

BnW provides similar value at a similar price to BtS, so Firaxis and 2K are certainly capable of delivering quality expansions. It is beyond me, why they still have to sell such money-grubbing low value DLC.

Err, really? Are we now at a point where such ridiculous DLC is almost accepted?
In a single pack for 7$ you'd get: 1 Civ, 3 natural wonders, 6 city states and two scenarios most people will never play. That shouldn't have any price tag on it, but it seems the dreadful DLC policy of the major publishers to offer you a crumb of bread for 5$ is getting more acceptance.

Compare that to what beyond the sword added 9 years ago for 30$:
10 Civs, 6 leaders
11 scenarios (granted most of those were mods)
New game mechanics (Corporations, espionage, apostolic palace)
Random Events
and several small improvements.

At the price 2k is peddling those DLC the Civs and scenarios from BtS would cost around 50$ nowadays.

BnW provides similar value at a similar price to BtS, so Firaxis and 2K are certainly capable of delivering quality expansions. It is beyond me, why they still have to sell such money-grubbing low value DLC.
You compare Expansions with DLC - CiV had lousy DLCs as well, it was just the same moaning bakc then. No surprise. :rolleyes:
I'm sure CiVI will get its expansion(s), too - 30 bucks for bigsized - changes and different civilizations...

What gets me is they even made it take less effort to make new Leaders compared to CiV - they no longer have fully animated backgrounds in Civ 6, cutting the amount of work down substantially - but they'll still be charging big bucks for the new Leaders. Smart on them financially, doesn't mean I like it though.

And yes, I consider $5-8 per Leader big bucks and a rip off when pre-CiV you would get about a dozen new leaders, and new game features, and new maps, and new scenarios, and an expanded tech tree, all for $30. What does that work out to be in their new piecemeal approach, like $80-$90 for the same amount of content? Cha-ching

Yeah, I regret my decision to buy the deluxe version. I bought it mostly for the DLC discount, now that's not looking like such a good deal.

You compare Expansions with DLC - CiV had lousy DLCs as well, it was just the same moaning bakc then. No surprise. :rolleyes:
I'm sure CiVI will get its expansion(s), too - 30 bucks for bigsized - changes and different civilizations...
I forgot about that. What can I say? My memory is terrible. I guess I should have known better and bought the vanilla version only.

Top Bottom