1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Glad you're here... HOF format?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by pholtz, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Chieftain Supporter

From the Civ V HoF rules, it says that all games must start in the Ancient Era. Why is that?

I understand that this gauntlet requires Ancient Era starts, but why must other (non-gauntlet) games be Ancient Era starts to be included in the CFC Civ V HoF?

Will this rule also apply to CFC Civ VI HoF? I have played hundreds of Civ IV HoF games and those with non-Ancient Era starts have been in general more fun to play than the Ancient Era games (though usually not as competitive).

Of course, Civ V and Civ VI are hugely different from Civ IV; Civ V and Civ VI games started from the Ancient Era can probably be completed many times faster than Civ IV Ancient Era games. Perhaps, that is what makes this rule tolerable for Civ V.

2. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Chieftain Supporter

@Emtee:

Thanks for your explanation above!

3. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

I'm not sure of the reasons but have asked in the Staff Forum. Anyone else have views on this?

4. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

I agre with Sun Tzu Wu. HoF V was annoying in that the only reason for a non-competitive player to upload a game was to increase someone else's standing.