Global History Quizz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was Olbureth (sp?), who IIRC in his turn got a fair bit from
Robert Goddard.

The spelling *was* a bit off. It' really Oberth.

Staying on the subject, who was the (very) early 20th century
Russian rocketry pioneer?

Tsilkovskiy?
If not him then any of the 4:
Кондратюк, Победоносцев, Тихонравов, Глушко
(Kondratuk, Pobedonoszev, Tihonraavov, Glushko) - 1932?

Da, eto Tsilgovski.

Vasha Vopros

(Yes, it's Tsilkovskii. Your question).

Where are you from? :D
(and its "vash" as "vasha" is feminine/vopors - masculin)
Who was the commander who saved the Roman Republic in the 2nd Punic War and how did he do it?
Hints: He was a military commander for 6 months in the first years of the war. Hannibal thought he was the best Roman general that ever encountered him. And its not Scipio.

I'm guessing the answer you're looking for is Quintius Fabius Maximus Cunctator (the Delayer). He saved Rome [from yet another military catastrophe] by avoiding pitched battle, a fact that has produced the English term "Fabian Tactics". Fabius seems to have encountered lots of criticism at the time, but later historians tend to vindicate him.

Right on the spot! :D Your turn (was the question too obvious? :confused: )

Nope Gelion. It was fine. :)

Ok...here goes:

Which Roman emperor, who was known at the time as Antoninus, who son of another Emperor, murdered his brother to assume full control of the Empire? What was the name of his father, his mother and the brother he murdered?

CARACALLA ; Septimius Severus (imp) ; Iulia Domna ; Geta
Bye ;)
(btw, I renounce in any case, cause I don't know when I'll be able to back in the forum - problems with pc...)

Who were the 10,000 Greeks and what famous answer(s) did they give when they were asked to lay down their weapons?

Lol well its a square isn't it? Not a rectangle :).

correct, and sorry. It seems that we crossposted ;)
I think I know the answer to your question, but 1.) I have no time now and 2. im not sure :)

mfG mitsho

Again :)
Who were the 10,000 Greeks and what famous answer(s) did they give when they were asked to lay down their weapons?

Does it mean you give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom