global warming in Midgard scenario

Leowind

Emperor
I'm currently playing the Midgard scenario, when an interesting thing happened. there is a new terrain type in this scenario called shallow sea, that produces two food, two (IIRC) shields, and one trade arrow. It can be mined for more shields, and roads give one more arrow, but cannot be irrigated. Apparantly this terrain type replaced desert. When global warming occurred, I suddenly had shallow sea squares all over even in inland areas, apparantly where deserts were supposed to show up. The funny thing is that a majority of my cities actually benefitted from the change. A very small handful on the coasts had food and/or production problems approaching crisis levels, but many cities suddenly became production monsters, more than doubling their shield output. The handful of problem cities were taken care of with some rush bought harbors and such, and I continue my domination even stronger than before. Glad now I didn't catch Global Warming in time to stop it :)

Originally posted by Leowind
I'm currently playing the Midgard scenario, when an interesting thing happened. there is a new terrain type in this scenario called shallow sea, that produces two food, two (IIRC) shields, and one trade arrow. It can be mined for more shields, and roads give one more arrow, but cannot be irrigated. Apparantly this terrain type replaced desert. When global warming occurred, I suddenly had shallow sea squares all over even in inland areas, apparantly where deserts were supposed to show up. The funny thing is that a majority of my cities actually benefitted from the change. A very small handful on the coasts had food and/or production problems approaching crisis levels, but many cities suddenly became production monsters, more than doubling their shield output. The handful of problem cities were taken care of with some rush bought harbors and such, and I continue my domination even stronger than before. Glad now I didn't catch Global Warming in time to stop it :)

:lol: You think they would have tested the game...

Top Bottom