Global Warning Removal

Charles 22

King
Before anyone has a hissy fit and is irritated that this has been covered for the upteenth time, do know I have done extensive searching through the archives, and still the answer to the follwing is not there.

My problem is I cannot change any data in the file. I have done this before on CIV3 or something, but cannot figure out what is going wrong here. There was some instruction of dumping it into a txt file, which was no problem, but then no hint on how to get that same file into the game. As I saw it, there was only one option, and that was to then delete the old GlobalDefines.xml and re-name the txt file to that (the data in the txt file already been changed), but in doing this convert, it chops off about 99.9% of the data. How can I get around this or how can I alter the data while it's still an xml?

Well, I did some quite extensive searching myself back when I had to find out and found it, although it wasn't easy and took me some hours.

The answer is to change iDefineIntVal to 0 in the following lines in GlobalDefines.xml (found in Assets\XML):

<DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_PROB</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>20</iDefineIntVal>

To do so, simply right-click on the file, choose 'open with' and choose notepad.

I usually right click and go to 'edit'.

Just note it is best to save the new file in My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Custom Assets/XML

This way you are not removing any original install files from your PC.

It might just be for htm-files and the like, but I'm thinking that om some computers 'edit' will open Word. But ya, I normally use 'edit' myself.

Top Bottom