Glory In the Sun

To the World
From the United States of America

Does this not show the imperialistic greed of Germany? We offered fair terms, only the independence of a country currently in rebellion against Spain and pre-war borders. We desired no reparations nor did we offer any as we felt all nations involved has lost enough. Still the Germans decline the treaty without first consulting their allies nor attempting to open negotiations. We did not even demand the independence of Cuba or any other colony of Germany, Italy nor Spain, save for the Philippines as we felt it was unneeded and we did not want to appear greedy and demand too much like Germany's original treaty which we attempted to negotiate to fairer terms.

We beg other nations such as Britain, France or Russia to please offer their own unbiased opinions as to what may be a fair treaty. America desires to see the world at peace, but will not simply forget the destruction of the USS Maine nor allow the Germans to acquire Alaska or Hawaii, gains they did not earn.

We are still willing to negotiate separate peace with members of the Quadruple Alliance if they feel they have been treated unfairly or are not getting any voice in the peace talks. If desired we can speak privately and keep such talks private.

And that ladies and gents, is the sound of a defeated nation begging not to be completely defeated.

To: The United States

We offer these terms.

-The United States accepting Spanish rule over Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philipines, German rule over Alaska and Suriname.
-German military rule over Hawaii for 2 years, before an election may be held
-The safe passage of American forces from the Philippines
-A 5 EP reparation for the women that 'took care' of my WildenTruppen, the flag staffs that were damaged by my WildenTruppen when they raised my Imperial Flag over your coastal villages, and of course the damage my navy inflicted upon your cities.
-The German navy will allow Americans once again in the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean, without destroying and/or capturing them.
-You shall pay no damage reparations to us, as you actually haven't damaged anything of real value. Of course, we appreciate it.

These are the most lenient terms we'd be willing to offer.

I asked why Italy sunk Spanish ships considering we are allies.

Unless the stats are wrong, then Franz Joseph is in the house! :cool:

Ze Russian Empire weighing in, without actually weighing in.

I shall send orders as soon as I manage to talk to you ZD :p

New ones for this year. Remember to include what I control! :p

France hopes that Italy remembered its obligation to provide reparations for damages to the economy of the various nations it effected through its blockade of the Straits of Gibraltar.

OOC: Orders coming soon.

Germany would also like to announce the blockade of the Philippine islands. The blockade of the coast of the actual United States goes without saying, but seeing as the Americans find it fun to incite colonial revolts, the island chain has become a war zone, and we do not wish for neutral merchant vessels to become caught up in the cross fire.

To: Those Whom It May Concern

In light of the United States' refusal to recognize the sanctity of colonial possessions and the violence currently occurring within the Pacific, we recognize the legality of this blockade by the German Empire.

Germany would also like to announce the blockade of the Philippine islands. The blockade of the coast of the actual United States goes without saying, but seeing as the Americans find it fun to incite colonial revolts, the island chain has become a war zone, and we do not wish for neutral merchant vessels to become caught up in the cross fire.

While the United Kingdoms appreciates the delicacy of the situation along the eastern American seaboard, we must warn Germany that should British merchant ships trading with the United States be attacked or unreasonably delayed, we would be forced to take action to protect our interests.

Although the Russian Empire both recognizes and supports the legitimacy of the colonial claims by both the Kingdom of Spain and the blockading by the German navy against American and allied ships of war and resupply, our ports, limited as they may be, will be closed to both parties for the duration of this war.

EDIT: Zelet, can you contact me on aim?

Orders due tomorrow guys!
Expect the update Sunday as Saturday is my birthday and I'll be pretty busy.

We wont be firing blindly at merchant ships, though we must inform you that your ships will be subject to searches, should your merchants be trading arms or weaponry with the United States. Something the Royal Navy has done countless times in the past, assuredly. No unwarranted aggression mind you, but by entering a war zone, your merchants should comply with the common accept rules of a blockade. Rules Britain has had spent a good amount of time enforcing in the past.

Top Bottom