1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Glory In the Sun

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by ZeletDude, Dec 2, 2010.

1. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

Lol. I await your ninja strike.

2. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

What the Chrysanthemum Throne has no idea what you mean...:backstab:

3. TheLizardKing

Lol, you Japanese are tricky folks.

4. germanicus12

germanicus12 First Citizen of Rome

Orders sent.

5. DarthNader

DarthNader Destroyer of Worlds

Mexican orders sent

¡Viva la revolución!
    ¡Viva México!

Spoiler :

6. germanicus12

To World
    From the United States of America

We have withdrawn our military support for the Filipino people, we have discovered they do not desire a chance to be free, simply to change masters. We are not imperialistic and have, upon discovering this fact, withdrawn our military. If the Filipinos desire to continue on fighting they will do so themselves.

We will continue to push for Filipino independence.

7. TheLizardKing

To: The United States

And what of your soldiers stuck on Luzon?

8. germanicus12

To Germany
    From the United States

They have been withdrawn, along with our fleet.

9. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

To: Concerned Parties

We would be willing to offer our services as a diplomatic mediator, should it be necessary.

10. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Before anyone asks update will be tomorrow at best or Monday/Tuesday at worst. My whole day has been busy and I'm going out to dinner soon.

11. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Sorry about the lateness of the update, I feel terrible.. :( I have little time to do anything on the weekdays (3 hours, not counting time for dinner, and homework). The only time I can really write is on the weekend and the reason it's so late this time is because of a certain someone sent orders Saturday night.. :mischief:.. I promise it'll be Thursday/Friday.. :(
    It would be today but I fell asleep last night at 8 right when I got home. I'm reallllly sorry guys.. this isn't dead..

12. TheLizardKing

Ah, their you are ZD! I was worried about you mate, ask LoE. Now that I know you're not dead..

UPDATE TIME! :D

13. The Farow

The Farow NESer

Sounds good. I understand exactly what you are going through with modding. Late orders and no time to do the update.

Thanks for the update on the update :)

14. germanicus12

Just as a note to all:

This may be my last update in this NES, it appears my new job might fall through and I will be too busy in the next month or two to really dedicate any time to this NES. If the update arrives tonight or tomorrow, I will do some diplomacy, but after possibly Saturday night, I will officially leave this NES.

Unless of course ZD can accept crude "smartphone" orders for a while until I get some money for a laptop, which might happen in a month or two.

15. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

I've sent smart phone orders before, not in this tough.

16. germanicus12

I am willing to give it a try. My orders won't be as long and detailed, but I am game for trying simply because I do not really want to leave this NES.

17. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

As long as they're clear and concise that will be fine!

Also update:
    No baseball practice for me tomorrow gives me plenty of time for update to be tomorrow!

18. TheLizardKing

Darn it ZD, pullin out another day!

:p

Well, an update is better then no update. Take your time ZD, real life is obviously more important.

19. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

Just going to note, I am not Austria-Hungary, I will claim somebody after the update. I might in fact still claim them.

20. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Update III: 1900

Europe

Russian modernization continues.
    The past year Russia has made very large strides in economic and industrial modernization to get on par with the other great powers. The continued programs installed by the Russian government has been repeatedly called a “major success” in transforming Russia into a first rate western power. Many of the programs that were implemented last year are still going strong, such as the Farms to Factories program which is a plan to slowly replace farms with modern factories to produce abundant industrial goods for the nation. The Farms to Factories programs has been extremely successful lifting many peasant farmers out of the deep poverty that often accompanies farm life. Along with the old programs many new transportation projects have begun to increase economic trade between the nation and employ thousands of young men working on these vast projects. The first of these major projects is the Trans-Siberian Railroad, a massive railway that connects Moscow in the West to Vladivostok in the west. The railway will make it easier to transport soldiers from East to West cutting their delivery times by almost half. It will also aid the trading of resources with China and Japan as they can be loaded up in Eastern Russia and transported across Siberia rather then through many thousands of miles of ocean. The second massive project being undertaken by Russia this year is the massive White Sea Canal. The Canal’s blueprints call for a series of locks and canals to connect the Baltic Sea and St. Petersburg to the White Sea port of Archanglesk. This should also drastically increase trade and income for Russia.

White Sea Canal's planed route

Deligiannis’ popularity soars
    After Greece’s massive victory against the Ottomans last year, Greece’s Prime Minister Theodoros Deligiannis and his party, The Greek Nationalist Party, gain an immense boost in their approval rating. Seeing a perfect opportunity the Nationalist Party calls for a ‘surprise’ election. Due to their immense popularity the Nationalist Party wins a large majority in the Greek Parliament and Deligiannis is again chosen as Prime Minister..

Asia/Africa

The Congo Railroad begins
    Belgium is following in France’s footsteps regarding African railroads and creating their own in the Belgian Congo. The railroad is to link Leopoldville to the resource rich Bakwanga region in the interior. The railroad is planned to take 3-5 years depending on the avaliabilty of workers and terrain encountered.

Australia and New Zealand to become dominions?
    Following a referendum in Australia and New Zealand regarding independence. The vast majority of residents of the two British colonies voted in favor of becoming independent under the guidance of Britain as dominions. Also included in the referendum was the option to create either one or two independent states, the latter was chosen.. Independence for these two nations are planned for next year.
    (+1 Stability Britain)

French missionaries in Siam murdered
    Following the French seizure of Kwangchouwan, France’s objectives then shifted westward to the country of Siam. France began to fund the travel of Catholic missionaries into Siam to westernize and Christianize them from their ‘Pagan’ beliefs. These missionaries were mainly sent to the larger cities where it was easier to find and convert people. Three months after their arrival in Bangkok French Missionaries were murdered in a large anti-French riot. Soon similar riots broke out throughout Siam and many more missionaries were confirmed dead.

American retreat from Philippines?
    Following a surprise announcement from the American Government regarding their withdrawal of support from the Filipino rebels and the complete withdrawal of American forces from the Philippine Islands. This was met with utter anger by the Filipino Rebels and they soon labeled American troops as the enemy and attacked their various outposts in Manila and throughout the Philippines, many American troops were caught off guard and many are killed and captured. The American Military high command then asked for mass slaughterings of the Filipino Rebels and they were massacred and whole towns were burned down, just turning more Filipinos against the Americans.
    Then the worst possible thing happened for the Americans.. The night before their planned withdrawal, the German Army began to bombard Manila and it’s harbor sinking many smaller ships and a few hours after the bombardment began the Combined German-Spanish fleet arrived outside Manila harbor and joined the bombardment of the American Fleet. To make matters even worse the much larger German army then began to attack the city in force and complete chaos and confusion then hit the Americans and ship captains trying desperately to save their ships sailed directly into the German-Spanish fleet and hundreds died when their ships were sunk by the German dreadnoughts.. Once the fighting ended the American Pacific fleet was utterly destroyed. While in Manila the few American garrisons still holding out began to surrender to the attacking Germans following the sinking of the American fleet (and their only way home). The aftermath of the battle is a terrible sight, the harbor is filled with half sinking ships, fires, and dead bodies and various body parts floating around the water.
    ( -4 American Dreadnoughts, -5 American Cruisers, -6 American Destroyers, - 4 American Infantry Divisions, -2 American Artillery Regiments, - 2 American Cavalry Division, - 2 German Cruisers, - 1 Spanish Cruiser, - 2 German Infantry Divisions)

A sinking American ship in Manila harbor

The Americas

The Night Norfolk burned
    Following last years raids the German WildenTruppen’s raids have increased, striking many American cities including Corpus Christi, Mobile and the American Port of Norfolk.
    Of all their raids the raid at Norfolk was by far the most successful to the Germans and most devastating to the Americans.
    It was a warm Sunday in June. The majority of the sailors were out in the town, drinking and partying, not expecting what was about to occur. Without any sort of warning hundreds of German WildenTruppen troops stormed Norfolk’s beach and set ablaze to thousands of buildings, residential and commercial alike. Hundreds of people were brutally murdered by the Germans, both civilians and sailors. By two a.m. the city was a smoldering ruin, but the Germans had not even started yet. They then began their assault on the American fleet at Port in Norfolk. The Germans stormed the ships, killed the crews and set them ablaze. Soon enough the Germans had reached the American flagship the USS Olympia, they stormed the ship. They were on the hunt for Dewey, but couldn't find him. Reason being, he escaped his fate by cowering under his bed. The date of this attack, June 7th, was forever known by the Americans as “The Night Norfolk Burned”
    ( - 1 American Dreadnought, - 2 American Cruisers, - 2 American Destroyers, - 2 American Manpower)

Norfolk on fire

Rebellion in Panama quelled
    The Mexican army in Costa Rica advanced into Panama this year to help their ally Colombia quell the Panamanian rebellion which had sprung up last year. The combined Mexican-Colombian force easily put down the under-manned and under-equipped rebels who after an intense week long battle in Colon between Mexican-Colombian and Panamanian Rebels ended in defeat for the rebels. The defeat at Colon spelled doom for the rebels as their leaders were captured in the city and put to death for treason soon afterwards. During the battle of Colon a large German naval force appeared off the coast of Panama claiming aid to the rebels, but seeing as the defeat of the rebels was imminent withdrew in shame back to the newly bought German Virgin Islands.
    (- 1 Colombian Infantry Division, - 1 Mexican Infantry division)

1900 American Presidential Elections
    Despite the growing war with Germany the 1900 Presidential Elections went on as usual. Two candidates were competing for the Presidency.
    The incumbent: Republican William McKinley. McKinley was becoming increasingly unpopular with the American people due to the ever growing burden of the war with Germany. The American people did not like seeing defeat after defeat at the hands of the Quadruple Alliance. McKinley’s approval rating was at an all time low and things did not look good for him.
    Against McKinley was the Democrat’s candidate William Jennings Bryan. Bryan focused his campaign on a platform of Peace with Germany and immediate withdrawal from the war that he stated was “pointless imperialism”. And many Americans were starting to agree with him.
    When election day finally came and the polls were closed Bryan achieved a momentous victory achieving 60% of the popular vote and 404 electoral votes compared to McKinley’s 127. Bryan’s election was met with much joyous celebration throughout the nation and the nation’s morale was majorly boosted, and many Americans were wondering what was to come of the American-German war..
    (+ 1 American Stability, New American HoS)

Bryan soon after his election

Map: 1900
    Spoiler :

OOC STUFF:
    This is a pretty bad/short update, I am really sorry for letting you all down :sad:...

The map is for some reason resizing it's self and is incredibly small.. But I'm am tired and'll have to fix it tomorrow..
    Stats and such will be donethen too.