1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Glory In the Sun

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by ZeletDude, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

To: Quadruple Alliance

If the Sultans total control over his people bothers any of you, we are completing governmental reforms this year, a parliament is being assembled, and a universal declaration of rights is being written. However, with respects to Islam, only Muslims are allowed in Mecca.

2. Karalysia

Karalysia Chieftain

Depending on what year it is Hatt-i-Shariff Gulhane, and Hatti-i-Shariff Humayun may already have been promulgated along with the other Tanzimat reforms.

3. Ceoladir

OOC: Yes but governmental reforms is one of my projects.

4. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

To: Anyone who chooses to oppose us

So it will take 7 countries to bring us down? Just goes to show how respected our military continues to be, even after our defeat in the recent war. The Grand Alliance, plus Colombia and Mexico in case anybody thinks I cant count. Back off Germany, or you shall suffer the consequences. You sure do act like some backwards central american nation, especially with your flippant view of Human Rights...

OOC: We shall not re-write our orders either as the deadline has passed. We ask that others refrain from doing so as well since it would cause piles of work for ZD.

5. Ceoladir

ZD would likely refuse the new orders. I would like to note that the previous war was probably 80% Germany.

To: Persia, Afghanistan

We propose a Holy Islamic Alliance to defend the interests of our glorious religion and our 3 great nations. We hope that we can put aside our differences concerning Sunni Islam and Shia Islam and come together as one. May Allah be praised.

6. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

Should war come, we propose this peace map.

Orange - The Netherlands
    Red - Great Britain
    Grey - The German Empire
    Green - Mexico
    Light Blue - France
    Yellow - Spain
    Black - The United States of America

Spoiler :

Signed Kaiser Wilhelm

7. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Okay, all orders have been received.. beginning writing now. And please stop posting until it is done. Thanks

8. badunoff

badunoff Chieftain

withdrawn

9. Ceoladir

He said stop posting! :p

10. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

The Philadelphia Inquirer
    Piece written by Rupert Murdoch

Campaign Season is upon us people of the Greater Philadelphian Area! The democrat candidate, William Jennings Bryan is desperately trying to shore up his approval rating. Now some of you at home reading this might wonder why the presidential office is up for grabs when it had just recently been so this past autumn...well I am here to explain this to you.

Barely a month after Bryan made peace with Germany in January of this year, 1901, the biggest scandal in the history of the presidency took place: Bryan had been having an affair with the German ambassador. But that wasnt the end of it...the german ambassador was using this affair in order to steal our state secrets! Whether this was done on orders from Germany, or it was the ambassador's initiative that made it happen is still not known, and likely never will be as the ambassador was killed in the subsequent violent protests that came as a result of this news being leaked to the public. Very nearly impeached, saved by a mere 2 votes in the house, everyone thought the scandal would die out. But instead, a new amendment was passed, creating it possible for a re-election of the Oval office to be had in the case of a 3/4th majority in both the senate, and in State Legislatures. A call for a re-election was subsequently passed, and now here we are in April of this year.

Currently, we are looking at 2 republican candidates readying for the republican national convention where the runner will be picked. they have already come to the agreement that the loser will become the others vice president. The first candidate, General Alex Armitage, is an esteemed General that won several minor victories in Manila in the last war before our forces there were annihilated. He then conducted a guerilla campaign until the end of the war when he was captured and subsequently given back to the USA. He is running on a platform of standing up against these European aggressors that have continually interfered in American affairs ever since they discovered the New World.

The other candidate is a Woman named Ashley Davenport, daughter of a wealthy family, and despite being the heavy underdog, enjoys a solid support base of women who have recently been given the right to vote in another amendment. She rides on a platform of domestic buildup, but standing firm on such Human rights violations as have been seen in the south, forcing countries to give up such barbaric ways of getting things done.

Bryan is in desperate straights at the moment, even though his industry and education programs are liked by the people. His rating has rised however since he has started taking a firmer stance on things happening to the south. The american people do not want war it seems, but they still want things close to home to be stable and civilized. Their many protests and petitions have showed they do not want to tolerate such barbaric actions to the south. The younger Generation just turning voting age is calling for blood with Germany as well, dead set on vengeance for their attacks on america just a year ago. Now able to join the military, scores of thousands do so, eagerly awaiting their chance to revenge their defeats against the Quadruple Alliance.

EDIT: Sorry. Will not post again. :(

11. Ceoladir

Meh, we might as well spam it to the next page.

(10)

ZD, could you at least respond to my Islamic Alliance proposal?

12. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

ZD is busy, and let's please quite spamming. Because that's all this is at this point. The update is being written, so any serious diplomacy can wait. So can stories. While I really want to respond and everything, let's all chill, and let ZD work on the update. He has seven posts still, and I don't think his update will be seven posts. Hell, my updates are only 2-3.

13. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

What part of this don't you guys understand.

@ Gamez.. PM or VM me the post which you are referring to.. plz.

Edit: What TLK said. :p

14. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

This is on temporary hold for probably a week. I've been sick recently, I am playing Baseball and I have an AP exam next Friday so I gotta study, study, study.. So the next update will be posted probably on Saturday seeing as thats the day Baseball ends giving me plenty of time each day.. Sorry...

15. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

That's not a serious delay so cool thanks for letting us know.