GMR Cultural warlords

By the way, I've got a nice coastal start with no jungle as Brazil :crazyeye:
I see some jungle tiles to the north and north-east, so I haven't lost hope to take advantage of my civ's UI yet :)

My starting position looks promising.

My start's rather "meh", but I do have a good shot at a nice Pantheon (I think). Moved my settler to a slightly better place so Addis Ababa will be founded next turn.

Culture victory is quite viable now in BNW. My earliest culture victory was achieved this weekend on turn 104. My previous best in G&K was about 100 turns higher.

Culture victory is quite viable now in BNW. My earliest culture victory was achieved this weekend on turn 104. My previous best in G&K was about 100 turns higher.

Did you use sacred sites to achive this?(Piety path)

Other civs were probably very low cultured too...i don't know how a player can win at that turn against me if i'm close enough.

You need a lot of cities to achive this, so you expose yourself against multiple wars, especially in nq games where they tend to ally to the strongest one(which i approve at 100%).

I once got beat culturally but the guy won on the turn 160ish with modern era and stuff. But that's only because we played on a different continent and he stayed isolated forever while i got into wars for about 120 turns and couldn't tech fast enough to stop him(he also dealed with poor players that turned into AIs pretty rapidly).

With equal opponents, i don't see how you can win so fast. So here, in this gmr game, with EEE_boy and RStark wandering around, it's almost impossible to finish that fast.

Some guys beat the AI in less than 100 turns at standard speed so...everything is possible i guess, especially with an awesome spot to do it like having many NW faith wonders, the right civ, etc.

Odds are, in fact, so low that it's nearly impossible just to ''think'' about winning so fast before playing a game. But still, kudos to you CraigMak you are a great player and i'm still impressed by your finish time. Now, try this against me :p

Ottoman is an odd choice for cultural, but it may be just needed to save a few free military units for security while getting wonders up; or tear down a likely runaway with powerful UUs.

My start is ok for early to mid game, but I can see ice so hopefully capital water path is not blocked.

Ottoman troops were sighted by french scouts earlier. This makes me worried.

Indeed very close, but Ottoman people will inform the Frenchman on our likely settlement location, so that we can peacefully develop our nations.

Did you use sacred sites to achive this?(Piety path)

Other civs were probably very low cultured too...i don't know how a player can win at that turn against me if i'm close enough.

You need a lot of cities to achive this, so you expose yourself against multiple wars, especially in nq games where they tend to ally to the strongest one(which i approve at 100%).

I once got beat culturally but the guy won on the turn 160ish with modern era and stuff. But that's only because we played on a different continent and he stayed isolated forever while i got into wars for about 120 turns and couldn't tech fast enough to stop him(he also dealed with poor players that turned into AIs pretty rapidly).

With equal opponents, i don't see how you can win so fast. So here, in this gmr game, with EEE_boy and RStark wandering around, it's almost impossible to finish that fast.

Some guys beat the AI in less than 100 turns at standard speed so...everything is possible i guess, especially with an awesome spot to do it like having many NW faith wonders, the right civ, etc.

Odds are, in fact, so low that it's nearly impossible just to ''think'' about winning so fast before playing a game. But still, kudos to you CraigMak you are a great player and i'm still impressed by your finish time. Now, try this against me :p

Yeah, it was a sacred sites city spam with Etheopia. Everyone must have been very uncultured. I was in a 2on1 war when victory was achieve, lost a city but it was too little too late.

A week later I tried again with Byzantine getting 3 faith buildings in each city. I achieved victory in a west vs east 3on3 teamer on turn 150ish. The key is that they can't know what you're doing, otherwise they will start producing culture, then you will have a problem. It really blindsided the other team who were spamming frigates at the time. One of them messaged me after the game and was like, what the hell!?

It was fun.

Brazil has met Isabella of Spain. She already has 378 pieces of gold in her treasury. Bloody rich Spaniards! :wow:

Sounds as though Queen Isabella has already located a Natural Wonder!
Meanwhile the soldiers of Ethiopia are continuing to explore the world and have discovered a promising location for a secondary settlement, while the people of Addis Ababa are becoming increasingly Pious after a gift of a Stele from the grateful nobility after the establishment of a code of laws.

Ethiopian troops have made contact with those from the nation of Poland.

Living near Tab is like living near some dormant volcano. The volcano is waking up sooner than later... :p

Yeah....suitable precautions are being taking for the defense of our cities. Should it become necessary, of course.

Yeah....suitable precautions are being taking for the defense of our cities. Should it become necessary, of course.

Precaution is not enough, even if you knew it will eventually come. Early defence slow down your tech rate, so you wont have a chance when xbows or frigates show upon your land.

Precaution is not enough, even if you knew it will eventually come. Early defence slow down your tech rate, so you wont have a chance when xbows or frigates show upon your land.

Who says defense only entails military units ;)? Still, I expect to be one of the first casualties in this match.

Funny because rumors are alreasy in place when i still don't know what is going on around :lol:

Top Bottom