GNBv3, PBEM 2

Yop73

Exams suck
I'm starting up a new GNBv3 PBEM.
I'll try and play the French again, now with another strategy then the first time. (it was my first PBEM, and I still thought it was possible to rule the world, as I did playing against the AI)
Remaining spot's are:

French= Yop
Neutrals= AI
Prussians= W.I.N.T.E.R
British= Darius
Ottomans= AI
Russians= Sun Tzu
Austrians= Academia

thanks, I hope every spot get's filled in.
(btw, are we gonna download the ew events files, that you can find in the other gnb3 pbem?)

Hi again Yop, and welcome back 2 the forum :)...

I definitly recommend downloading those eventfiles, since they contain some new technology tweaks within the reward -system, so the PBEM games are a bit more challenging and fun 2 play ;)... I am currently still developing the final version of GNB for MGE, in which these event files will even be expanded a bit to contain some more treats.

I definitly would like to play in this one since I have been able to c my creation in practice (have found out some weakspots too) but I still cannot decide which one 2 take (again, Austrians, Russians, British or Prussians come to mind- and R all VERY tempting!!)

I suppose I'll take the Brits before someone else grabs them.

cmon people,
we need at least 1, preferably 2 people to play. The Prussians, the Austrians and the Russians are open. They are all very equal. (btw, everybody download the new events files, which you can find in the other gnb3 thread)

I´ll take Austria this time

crap, i wanted Prussia eh i'll take those bloody Russians...

Ok, I guess that's it:

French= Yop
Neutrals= AI
Prussians= W.I.N.T.E.R.
British= Darius
Ottomans= AI
Russians= SunTzu
Austrians= Academia

Yop should start it up, unless you guys want wait for a human player for the Ottomans, since AI Ottomans are to the benefit of the French.

(note: all players need to take the multiplayer events and the difficulty level needs to be prince. Let's keep it fair.)

French forces victorious on all fronts
On all fronts, the revolutionary French forces have gained terrain and/or smashed the enemy troops.
Lord Nelson, the brave English fleet admiral, has died, while he was trapped into an ambush by French forces. His ship and four others were sunk by a frigate, named "La Liberté". Though he managed to sink a ship of line, this is considered a big victory by the French navy.
In the meanwhile, the French commander, De Villeneuve escaped to death. His ship is heavenly damaged, and now anchors in front of Jaffa, which was captured by French forces, as was Alexandria. The egyptian army now turns her eyes to Damascus and to CAIRO. We'll see what happens.
The Italian army captured Rome. The eternal city is now fully under French control. While French forces in Spain captured Barcelona.
The English fleet in the Channel has been totally whiped out. It is believed that only inside the ports of Plymouth and LONDON, there are ships.
We didn't capture any Rheinbund city yet, because we want peace with Austria and with Prussia. The only demands in the region are Amsterdam and Baden.
We also extend a hand of peace to Britain, maybe you have some demands, just PM me.
Now it's W.I.N.T.E.R's turn.

the map

Attachments

• game one(2).gif
    game one(2).gif
    11 KB · Views: 330
If Napoleon was so interested in peace, perhaps he could have asked for it before striking at the very heart of the British people. Lord Nelson and his brave sailors will be avenged!

Before I can do that, I need help on this scenario. I looked at the files and there are several versions of the events and icons files. Which ones do I rename and use?

Originally posted by Darius
If Napoleon was so interested in peace, perhaps he could have asked for it before striking at the very heart of the British people. Lord Nelson and his brave sailors will be avenged!

Before I can do that, I need help on this scenario. I looked at the files and there are several versions of the events and icons files. Which ones do I rename and use?

Have U downloaded the latest events from the GNB3 scenario ??? In this case u can use any - preferrebly the one for the British in your case...

Well, Darius,
With the risk you say no, and you then destroy my entire fleet? You still have many ships left, but if I didn't destroy that fleet, you outnumber me a lot.

I'll assume that means EVENTSB and ICONSB, so that's what I used.

With the risk you say no, and you then destroy my entire fleet?

You could have asked before your turn, but I understand that I could have just lied to you. Regardless, you avoided that risk and now have hit Britain in the most sentimental way, a wound that we will not forget until you see a French-speaking Edinburgh!

And revenge Britain has found:

- Although they were obviously outnumbered, brave British sailors knew that the playing field at sea must be leveled, and sailed from their port in Plymouth and faced the heavily damaged French fleet in the English Channel and in the Atlantic west of the French coast. The French ships were so damaged that ours were able to jump from one to another, and sinking a total of four French ships of line and one frigate. Our ships are heavily damaged and may well be destroyed in the next French action, but for now this seemed the only option. We don't know just what is left of the French fleet in Europe.

- British ships in the Mediterranean also rose to the occasion, sinking two ships of line and a frigate. A French counterattack is inevitable and awaited there.

- One French frigate sunk off Morocco.

- No news on land, just preparation of all troops in the Iberian peninsula for the coming French onslaught, and some ships load for operations in an undisclosed location...

If Napoleon is truly interested in peace we may consider it now, as our scores have been effectively settled. I am willing to have complete peace - and possibly even alliance - if he were willing to give me three things:

1) Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Hamburg all left alone to be taken by Great Britain.

2) The technology "Imperial Rule".

3) All cities in Spain south of Cordoba (including Palma) all left alone to be taken by Great Britain.

If you agree to this generous offer, Britain and France can live in peace permanently. I may agree to slight alterations as they are suggested. No matter how you slice it, we are both empires with territorial desires, and I find no one else in Europe whom I would be more proud to align myself. Please consider this option before squandering it and being permanently confined to the land at sight of hostile British ships' guns.

Also, if anyone other than France, i.e. Prussia, is seriously at odds with this proposal, let them speak now.

If Prussia needs to fight it will! No matter how many ships Britain or France can muster: Wars are fought in the streets of our cities, and we are well prepared. So I suggest that talks of dividing the European lands is somewhat premature...

Good luck, my friend. Just be forewarned that if you have the audacity to occupy any of the three cities mentioned they will be retaken by me, even if it means war! Try facing the full might of the Anglo-French alliance all for these few cities. You may still have a free hand in the three other independent German states, by all means, but I doubt you'll get there before the French. We'll have a comfortable peace as long as you don't do anything stupid.

"He who thinks of wisedom, is yet foolish enough as to talk of war"

Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Darius
Good luck, my friend. Just be forewarned that if you have the audacity to occupy any of the three cities mentioned they will be retaken by me, even if it means war! Try facing the full might of the Anglo-French alliance all for these few cities. You may still have a free hand in the three other independent German states, by all means, but I doubt you'll get there before the French. We'll have a comfortable peace as long as you don't do anything stupid.

Top Bottom