Go-To Mods

ltccone

Prince
I'm just curious about what everyone's 'go-to' mods are. I don't start a game without Chao's Quick UI, Tomatekh's Historical Religions, and Yet (not) Another Maps Pack. None of the actually affect how the game is played, so you can still get achievements.

I use CQUI and YnAMP also.... I also use City State Amenities. Which give City states +10 Amenities, which stops them from getting over run by spawning rebels due to low amenities when their population get to high.

City State Handicap is the name of the Mod.

Last edited:
I use CQUI and YnAMP also.... I also use City State Amenities. Which give City states +10 Amenities, which stops them from getting over run by spawning rebels due to low amenities when their population get to high.
Can you still get achievements with City State Amenities?

My setup right now:

CQUI
Detailed Worlds
Real Great People
Sukritact's Improved Mod Screen
Sucritact's Civ Selection Screen
Unique District Icons
Tomatekh's Historical Religions
Moar Units (+ DLCs)
R.E.D.
R.E.D. for Moar Units and DLCs

My setup right now:

CQUI
Detailed Worlds
Real Great People
Unique District Icons
Tomatekh's Historical Religions
Moar Units (+ DLCs)
R.E.D.
R.E.D. for Moar Units and DLCs
I'll take a look at those. Thanks!

I only use YNAMP with any regularity.
with those maps, I use NQ Balance (occasionally) which helps coastal and desert tiles, and a modmod that allows you to customize starting units (add units, gold, techs to start). The purpose of these mods is to balance the civs and starting locations to place every civ on the map.
Moar Units is fun here and there, but isn't balanced completely and last I checked, still has issues from the last patch. (Though you might want to check, he just made an update)

"Normal" games I go mostly vanilla with Hellblazer map packs from time to time.

CQUI
YNAMP
Wonder Tweaks

are my 3 main ones.

Running with NO mods right now for my video series (and they really are not needed for that kind of curb stomping) :p

I just started using CQUI, and i like it but sometimes my units aren't getting their full movement points. anyone else having same problem?

I just started using CQUI, and i like it but sometimes my units aren't getting their full movement points. anyone else having same problem?

This might happen if they got bonus movement at the beginning of the turn.

OT: I use Larger Worlds, Detailed Worlds, Real Natural Disasters (still in alpha) and I think that's it. I have a few more mods, but I don't use all of them (I have YnAMP for example, but I don't really use it in practise, also because I don't think it's compatible with Larger Worlds and Detailed Worlds). Never felt even the slighest need for a UI mod.

I always load up Tomatekh's Historical Religions. I've been trying different (JFD's?) Civs too out of pure boredom with the little that came with the game and add-ons so far. But with those, I have been getting load errors (unable to reload from saved games) if trying more than one at a time.

CQUI is nice when you have lots of traders and units.

You can sort the Traders by origin city, which is handy if you're trying to see where to put another one.

For combat units, it shows who has promotions available and upgrades.
For upgrades, you can do it right from there, and if the unit is outside your borders, the upgrade is greyed out. You can click on the button to go to said unit and get it moving so it can be upgraded.

By the way, regarding achievements, mods do not disable them. They're only disabled if you're using Firetuner or something like that.

I think choosing not to separate modded games into their own sort of subsection a la Civ V and keeping them eligible for achievements is one of the best choices they made for Civ VI, it definitely makes me more keen to mix and match different setups for fun.

Like a lot of others I've been using CQUI and Historical Religions for a bit more variety. I'm looking forward to trying out some modded leaders and civs, but since I still have three or four base game leaders that I haven't actually played as I'm holding off for the time being :lol:

Unique District Icons

I recommend these mods too, they make the UI just that little bit more elegant in their own respective ways - I think Sukritact's civ selection screen will become even more useful once we start seeing more alternate leaders added to the game. I also like using his extra natural wonders, Tonle Sap and Fuji, they add a nice bit of variety and have interesting effects, and I see that just today he's put out his first buildable wonder, so I'll probably check that out too.

Only CQUI and Historicity++ (which changes only text) at the moment.

Once I feel like I know what I'm doing with the base game and have tried all the vanilla civs, I'll try more.

absolutely need tundra farms to play as Russia on maps bigger than small because the tundra band is so wide and there's no food
fish farms, improved forts
the ones I made, especially the border growth one

Rule with Faith is a pretty fun mod but not one that I use every time and I'm not sure how balanced it is (does affect gameplay but in an interesting way). I regularly use CQUI, a basic mod for numpad movement, and the R.E.D. modpack. I've downloaded a few AI improvement mods but I have yet to try those yet.

I'm running a fairly heavily modded setup right now. Loads of fun, but loooooooong load times. Turns don't lag too much fortunately.

UI:
Unique District Icons: gives the Unique Districts a Unique Icon
Real Great People: gives the Great People a Portrait/Drawing

Gameplay:
Euphoria: Adds a new Happiness tier, Euphoria (+5 Amenities)
Jungle Mills: build lumber mills on jungle
Quo's Rocketboots: +1 Move for all units
Machine Guns Range 2: +1 Range for Machine Guns
Policy Bonanza: Adds a smattering of policies
Modern Era Buildings: Adds Tier 4 Buildings for districts
Building Upgrades: Adds Upgrades to Buildings
Capture Great People: Great People may be captured, but lose their powers atm
Units .75: Units cost 75% Production/Gold/Faith
Build Envoys: Turn Production into Envoys (uses the Holy Site)
Slower Research Per Era: Makes later techs cost more than earlier ones. Civics too.
Improved Sewers: Gives sewers +1 Housing and no Maintenence
Sapping Engineers: Makes Military Engineers work like Siege Towers and Siege Towers need a Barracks or Stable to build
Good Goody Huts: Creates a lot more Goody Huts and ups the odds of good rewards
Incoming Trade Route Gold: Incoming Trades give you +2 Gold
More Barbarian EXP: Barbarians still give full EXP at any level
Tundra Farms: Build Farms on the snow
Gold Resource: Adds Gold as a Luxury
Great Musician - Christopher Tin: Adds an info era Music-man
Diverse Beleifs: Adds 5 Patheons to the game
City State Handicap: +10 Amenities for CS's
Passable Mountains: Lets you walk on and make cities on mountains... the AI doesn't know how to yet
Sukitrakt's Tonle Sap: A Natural Wonder mod that doesn't appear to be working... I wonder why :p
Sukitrakt's Mount Fuji: Same deal as Above
Ananse's Naturalia: Same as Above, but may require the Ananse Modpacks
Sukirakt's Wat Aran: A manmade wonder, new
Hidden Agenda's Expansion: Gives players and AI bonuses based upon their Hidden Agenda, new

Civs:
A lot of them. I mean a lot. Even the fictional civs.

Map Scripting:
Meteor Survival: A special Inland Sea map, where only the middle is warm enough to be useful

Tldr: If it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features.

Top Bottom