God and space travel....

There is a SEVERE problem if you think that aliens would contradict the Bible. Mabey it would disprove atheism? That is more logical. Mabey the discovery of water did that.

:lol:

There are a lot of books that claim the Bible mentions aliens (not that I think that is the case though).

If aliens do exist, eventually there will be contact somehow.

The Bible doesn't mention Aliens, Dinosaurs, or any of that other stuff.

Seguay. . .It seems to me that people think that aliens will have our human tendencies and mannerisms. I think they will be different, so let's think outside the box, eh?

There is a SEVERE problem if you think that aliens would contradict the Bible. Mabey it would disprove atheism? That is more logical. Mabey the discovery of water did that.

Nothing will ever disprove any belief system. They'd just say it was the work of the devil, a coincidence or something else, while quietly changing thheir beliefs so they can claim they already knew this by their scriptures or textbooks. In Science an argument can end in "That's a really convincing viewpoint, it seems my theories were wrong." It doesn't happen wery often, but it does happen. Try and find that in religion, and you won't. No-one admits they're wrong in religion.

"Nothing proves anything, and everything proves nothing." -Me.

Originally posted by Sixchan

Nothing will ever disprove any belief system. They'd just say it was the work of the devil, a coincidence or something else, while quietly changing thheir beliefs so they can claim they already knew this by their scriptures or textbooks. In Science an argument can end in "That's a really convincing viewpoint, it seems my theories were wrong." It doesn't happen wery often, but it does happen. Try and find that in religion, and you won't. No-one admits they're wrong in religion.

"Nothing proves anything, and everything proves nothing." -Me.

Inability to change your beliefs has nothing to do with this. Whether aliens exist or not is completely irrevelent to religion.

A lot of non-atheists believe there is life on another planet(s).

It remains to be proven though.

It may be irrelevant to whether a religion is 'right' or 'wrong' but the existance of aliens could cause serious problems with religions that have placed man on a pedastel. If we were created in 'The' God's image, than these aliens must be a lesser race, subsentient if you will. It will only take one or two differences that someone finds distateful before some religious group decides that the aliens are lesser creatures, and are not worthy, and or possibly even 'The Great Satan' (What a relief that will be for all of us Americans! ;) ).

Maybe God and the Alien God will duke it out or something.
Throw meteors and thunderbolts. have tag-teams. Maybe some hot godesses will do some mud-wrestling.
We could televise it!

It would be very hard to conscript troops to fight on another planet against some alien species.

Also the Bible actually does mention creatures that suspciously resemble dinosaurs and other things. Leviathan, Behemoth, etc.

Originally posted by Sixchan
The Planet KOLOB
Mormon Theologians agree that God lives on a distant planet, the planet KOLOB. It's located in the constellation Cancer, sector 2813. Kolob means "the first creation" -- which is "nearest to the celestial, or the residence of God", as McConkie assures us.

I wonder if the Mormons ever noticed that KOLOB backwards is dangerously close to BOLOCKS?
:lol:

Top Bottom