God Awful Music.

arzac93

Chieftain
Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent mod. The one thing that bugs me out endlessly is the era music I get starting from the industrial era. It sounds very out of place and breaks immersion very effectively. Could I get it back to the old ones? Are there any better music mods out there?

You can try the "More music" mod. In the launcher, Modules -> Download modules -> More music.

Considering that More Music includes songs from Fallout 3 and The Sims, which break immersion even more, I don't think this will help

Considering that More Music includes songs from Fallout 3 and The Sims, which break immersion even more, I don't think this will help

I remember disliking the vanilla Modern music a ton and switching it out in-game for the Classic Era's 'Alexander' and 'Peleponnesian'... So much immersion breaking there but I loved those tracks :lol:

I downloaded More Music and then picked through the files for the tracks I liked and then stitched them into the XML myself. Not an efficient way to go about it, but I didn't want all or even half of them - just a specific few :)

On the note of music, I love the opening track to the Transhuman. Magic City or something? I wish it would come up more often - as well as Peleponnesian - but CivIV seems to sense my desire and frequently skips those tracks when I cycle through with Ctrl-M :sad:

All in all, most tracks up until Industrial are pretty good in my opinion. Beyond Industrial, it becomes sorta on the face with the FO3 tracks, but the Entertainer seems to fit rather nicely.

Especially when you're about to commit terrifying genocide upon your uncultured enemies.

Or you could just Ctrl-M to turn off ingame music, Alt+Tab and turn on your media player of choice.

Ohh, man...

No one ever complained about those yet, so how could I know you didn't like it? Feel free to give feedback on MoreMusic :)

FYI I chose FO3 and The Sims tracks because they are nice swing-style reminding me the 1910's (BTW I don't understand how could FO3 have these style of music? ...though I never played FO3)

So Fo3 and The Sims should go? Okay. Any suggestions to replace them?
Anything else to remove, replace?

EDIT:
I want to add only music, not song. I find singing very distracting. (One exception was FO3: Civilisation track as a sort of easter-egg :) but I'm okay with removing that too.)
I'd prefer to use music of games. Does any one know games taking place in the industrial era?

I love RR music but I don't know if it will fit well because it seems off the wall.

I love RR music but I don't know if it will fit well because it seems off the wall.

I had the same feel...
It's pretty hard to find appropriate music for that era :sad:

Ohh, man...

No one ever complained about those yet, so how could I know you didn't like it? Feel free to give feedback on MoreMusic :)

FYI I chose FO3 and The Sims tracks because they are nice swing-style reminding me the 1910's (BTW I don't understand how could FO3 have these style of music? ...though I never played FO3)

So Fo3 and The Sims should go? Okay. Any suggestions to replace them?
Anything else to remove, replace?

EDIT:
I want to add only music, not song. I find singing very distracting. (One exception was FO3: Civilisation track as a sort of easter-egg :) but I'm okay with removing that too.)
I'd prefer to use music of games. Does any one know games taking place in the industrial era?

I didn't say I hated it; it's just that if he considers the tracks that already come with AND2 immersion breaking, then he'd probably hate those as well.

I really dig the Sims one; especially The Entertainer!

The jazzier tunes from the Sims and SimCity games work pretty well for the industrial age. I really like a lot of the SimCity songs for modern times too. The soundtracks for most city games(Cities XL, SimCity, Cities:Skylines) work for that era and maybe even a little into the future as well.

I didn't say I hated it; it's just that if he considers the tracks that already come with AND2 immersion breaking, then he'd probably hate those as well.

I really dig the Sims one; especially The Entertainer!

Ohh, my bad, sorry. Now I understand.

So guys what do you suggest? What to change? Should I change anything at all?
Honestly: I really like the tracks I found for the Industrial era, but would like to create a mod the is enjoyable not only for me.
The only idea to replace those tracks is the adding more Brahms and Dvorak :rolleyes:

EDIT: The Entertainer is not a TheSims track :p

Offtopic but, how is pronounced "Dvorak"? Why I often hear "Dvo-jark" while the "r" is before the "a"? It's really difficult to pronounce.

Offtopic but, how is pronounced "Dvorak"? Why I often hear "Dvo-jark" while the "r" is before the "a"? It's really difficult to pronounce.

Antonín Dvořák
Antonín Leopold Dvořák (/ˈdvɔrʒɑːk/ dvor-zhahk or /dɨˈvɔrʒæk/ di-vor-zhak; Czech: [ˈantoɲiːn ˈlɛopolt ˈdvor̝aːk] (there is also a link to listen the pronouncing)
As I see there are more ways for proper pronunciation, but it's best to ask a Czech person :)

Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent mod. The one thing that bugs me out endlessly is the era music I get starting from the industrial era. It sounds very out of place and breaks immersion very effectively. Could I get it back to the old ones? Are there any better music mods out there?

I believe most of the extra music in the industrial and later eras is stolen from Sim City 3k and Sim City 4. Whether you like that sort of music is up to personal taste.

To be honest though, I haven't gone back and checked all the songs in a long time. There might be some particularly bad choices.

I personally replaced the Ancient/Classic and Medieval Eras with AOE1/AOE2 soundtracks respectivally, with a few added civ3 (menu) and Medieval II tracks. Renaissance I threw in anno 1503 and 1602 music. I threw in FOTS tracks for Industrial. Not sure what to do with Modern. Used Sins of a Solar Empire for Future era.

The ingame music (Not the menus) music in Civ games have generally been lacking imo. Though sometimes they are fitting; like ancient era music, they just aren't as awesome as listening to some replacement tracks.

I've searched out music on Jamendo a while back. I would put in key words like "modern" combined with instrumental and get some pretty good results. "Future" has some awesome tracks too. I used old style piano music for the industrial Era among a few others. If you guys like, I could post a link to the playlists I made so you can check them out. There's a lot of new undiscovered stuff there.

Top Bottom