God loves everyone. Atheist, criminal, different religion, doesn't matter.

Abaddon

Deity
Lifted from Dawgphood's thread, i thought this statement merited a greater depth of discussion.

God loves everyone. Atheist, criminal, different religion, doesn't matter.​

Why do you think?

Assuming he exists, is the Creater, and is omnipotent, hating any of his creations would be sort of like hating himself, which would seem irrational. So it'd be a yes.

kinda pisses on the bonfire of the religionists thinking they will get better treatment by worshiping him tho....

Abaddon said:
kinda pisses on the bonfire of the religionists thinking they will get better treatment by worshiping him tho....
Sorry, you haven't exactly discovered something new. Christians have been teaching that God loves everyone for ages. 'Religionists' think they get better treatment because they accept God's gifts as opposed to ignoring them. The gifts are ready for everyone.

Abaddon said:
Yes, and atheists are evil heathens attempting to destroy the moral fabric of our society. :rolleyes:

Markus6 said:
Sorry, you haven't exactly discovered something new. Christians have been teaching that God loves everyone for ages. 'Religionists' think they get better treatment because they accept God's gifts as opposed to ignoring them. The gifts are ready for everyone.

I said "religionist" because Christianity isn't the only religion in the world you know. Sure happy-clappy christians preach love for everyone.. what about hindu/prot/morm/etc how do they feel "their" god looks down on non-believers..?

I've stated my position on this so many times...

Abaddon said:
Lifted from Dawgphood's thread, i thought this statement merited a greater depth of discussion.

Why do you think?

That hippies haven't a clue.

God loves everyone regardless of what they've done? At least for Christians that ain't the God in the Old Testament, not the God who destroys cities, commits genocide (the Flood hey), turns people to pillars of salt, throws them out of gardens and deforms traitorous angels.

Criminals are getting a poker up the ass, not indicative of whether God loves them or not (yeah, right) and probably the same for Atheists and Buddists too :p

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say the vast majority of people that believe in and worship God in some form or another don't exactly do it to curry esoteric favors.

Chaotic Kitten - you're missing one vital element.

Christianity is based on the nature of God expressed in the New Testament. If you want to deride the Judaeic God, go right ahead ... but you're not making any statements against the Christian God.

The Christian God loves everyone, and is willing to forgive anyone their sins.

Abbadon said:
I said "religionist" because Christianity isn't the only religion in the world you know. Sure happy-clappy christians preach love for everyone.. what about hindu/prot/morm/etc how do they feel "their" god looks down on non-believers..?
I do know that but unfortunately I am not any other religions in the world so I don't think I can talk for them. And FYI I don't clap.

God does not love. God is Love.

Every form that exists in this universe was created out of this Infinite Intelligence and Infinite Love to come together to interact and express in this plane of existence.

God is everything, including the Jewish God, and Jesus, and karma, and Buddha, and Mohammed, and the yin and yang, and everything we call "good", and everything we call "evil", and you, and me. God is definitely too big to be a "Him". God is ineffable, too big to be expressed in human words. All words are only metaphors for the small glimpses we can get of divinity. We do get these glimpses, and they are glorious, and so we seek to name the experience. And in our childish, human way, we fight over whose name is better.

Veritass said:
God does not love. God is Love.

Every form that exists in this universe was created out of this Infinite Intelligence and Infinite Love to come together to interact and express in this plane of existence.

God is everything, including the Jewish God, and Jesus, and karma, and Buddha, and Mohammed, and the yin and yang, and everything we call "good", and everything we call "evil", and you, and me. God is definitely too big to be a "Him". God is ineffable, too big to be expressed in human words. All words are only metaphors for the small glimpses we can get of divinity. We do get these glimpses, and they are glorious, and so we seek to name the experience. And in our childish, human way, we fight over whose name is better.
Welcome to OT Veritass. Nice post. :hatsoff:

Abaddon said:

Why do you think?

I'm going to assume some deity/deities exists(which is a large assumption) The universe is ~13 billion years old. our oldest humanoid ancestors are ~2 million years old and have occupied 1 planet out of trillions. With that in mind I think it's safe to safe humans are irrelevant to some gods plot. it's just human arrogance that makes us assume that we are important or deserving of a deitie's love.

Top Bottom