1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

God loves everyone. Atheist, criminal, different religion, doesn't matter.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Abaddon, May 13, 2006.

1. Babbler

Babbler Deity

God doesn't exist.

And if he did, he is not a very loving being. In fact, he more apt to HATE everybody.

2. Yeeek

Yeeek Seizing The Day

What does the thread tittle imply? That i should forgive a criminal or whoever tryed to harm me because their god forgive them?

3. aussieboy

aussieboy Fidei Defensor

I think the point is that God loves His entire creation, even when they try to destroy themselves through sin. Regardless of whether you believe in Him, He still loves you, as He created all things. Religion is just a way to praise Him and to have a clear, structured relationship with Him.

4. downwithgravity

downwithgravity Zen Rocker

God is the physical manifestation of truth and love. Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Muslim; all are saying the same thing. The search for the Ultimate Truth is the same in all religions. The worst thing ever to happen to religion was for humans to get involved. It doesn't matter if you think God physically exists, as a being or an idea at all.

"God, fate, destiny -- these are bogus words, mumbo jumbo, nothing more than that. Drop them completely, because dropping them will make you an individual, fully responsible for your acts. And unless you take the responsibility on yourself, you will never become strong, you will never become independent, you will never taste freedom." - Osho

5. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

sint god busy smiting people?

6. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

I am somewhat agnostic, somewhat ignostic, but I feel that if God does exist than he wouldn't necessarily hate any of his creations, but he wouldn't really invest that much of his emotion upon them either. He did, after all, create the Universe, i'm sure that he has much other handiwork of his that he is more proud of.

7. Colonel

Colonel Sandbox

Hey I thought I told you people to stop making threads about me. Jeesh, I am your God and yes I hate you.

Realistically God doesn't exist he is like a fairy tale we tell small children, however he doesn't exist. In the very unlikely event that he does exist then he most likely hates us all.

8. goodyhut

goodyhut Warlord

You are living proof that God exists. Can you prove that he does NOT exist?

9. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

or he could be living proof of evolution at its finest

put simply, we have no idea whether or not god created us, we only have faith

10. CivCynic

CivCynic Musician

You've just thrown a rock at a sleeping bear that has an empty stomach. God be with you (pun intended).

Anyway, allow me to add to the discussion.

It sort of depends on what religion you follow in order to answer the question. I, for one, am a UCC Christian. Obiviously, I believe in the (not an) all-loving God that, yes, forgives people unconditionally for their sins. However, I also believe that God is not stupid (This is God we're talking about. Hello :rolleyes: ) My point is that you can't just sin ("Sin" is a very Catholic word IMO, I prefer to think of it as just doing anything God wouldn't want you to do) repeatedly and think God will forgive you and not care. He will forgive you, yes, but won't forget. I saw a bumper sticker on a car earlier that read, "God is coming and she is pissed." That brings me to another point. Why is God necessarily more masculine than not? Ever heard of Yin and Yang, etc? Some of the topics brought up in The Da Vince Code are pretty interesting. At one part Robert Langdon is talking about masculine and feminine symbology (being that he is a symbologist). An ancient symbol for masculinity was simply ^, and conversely the feminine symbol was an upside down ^. I strongly believe that the universe is just as much feminine as masculine.

So I think a standard Christian like myself would say Yay to your query, Abaddon.

11. bhsup

bhsup Deity

But there is a catch to that, El Mac. They have to want to be forgiven, have to ask for forgiveness, be truly repentant in the asking, and ask through Jesus, accepting him as their savior. That's all right out of the New Testament as well.

12. goodyhut

goodyhut Warlord

You will probably be lunch, but God WILL be with you :)
    You, however, turned your back on God when you threw the rock.

13. Mr. Dictator

what are you talking about?

14. goodyhut

goodyhut Warlord

If you don't believe you can't understand, I might as well be talking in another language.

15. Mr. Dictator

no i am fairly well versed in christianity and believe a bit but im talking about your post

Civcynic said you threw a rock, meaning you will probably be flamed by the atheist section of OT and you said he would be eaten. then you said he threw the rock and turned his back on god

16. aussieboy

aussieboy Fidei Defensor

I would not be worried 'bout the atheists if I were you... *points to last line of signature*

17. Mr. Dictator

true sometimes the "enlightened" also frighten

18. goodyhut

goodyhut Warlord

I didn't take his post personaly, I took it as a hypothetical "you" when he said "you" threw a rock. Like he was saying if a man throws a rock at the bear.

And I was just repeating the same type of wording when i said "you" turned your back on God.

19. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

The point is not whether he loves you, but do you love him.

20. Carcosa

Carcosa Chieftain

Can you prove that I'm not the robot leader of a crew of motley space pirates?

Didn't think so. Please address me as Captain Cybernaut, and hand over your precious star rubies.